F I V E

All it took was a twig snap for Vi to realize she had fucked up.

Violet jumped when Embry's paws moved slightly, her golden brown eyes flickering immediately to his feet. He was taking a step back, as was the entire pack except Sam. Even if he was morphed into a werewolf and he was covered with fur she could see how his face turned angrily, betrayal and hurt setting off.

It felt like they had punched her clear in the gut, like the wind had been knocked out of her or one of her lungs had collapsed on her heart. The sensation was beyond painful. She wanted to cry and scream, beg Sam for forgiveness. It wasn't her fault, it was the imprint. They had forced this situation upon her. She didn't know how to explain to Sam, she didn't know where to even start. This was definitely not the way she wanted to tell him.

Not in front of her whole pack and certainly not the way it had occurred. Her bottom lips began to tremble, the words escaping her soft lips without a sound as she ran the situation through her head. This was exactly what she didn't want, it had all gone to hell. As if there wasn't enough problems in her life.

Emmett from beside her hadn't taken his eyes off the marvelous girl. He kept replaying the last few moments in his head, remembering how she hadn't wasted a second to fight for him. It had started out with him protecting her at all costs, having smelled her delicious scent within a few moments of there passing. Alice had warned them that Victoria would be coming but he had no idea that she would the bait. It was an instinctual feeling to forget the red head and jump straight for the brunette. He hadn't cared in that moment when Jake had ripped him off her and ready to take him on once more, all that mattered was her safety.

One moment his arm was stitching itself back together, the pale, concrete like skin coming back together and then he was being blocked by the firstly brunette. He had watched as her small palms had wrapped around the monstrous wolf and thrown him without care. Her facial expression was fearless when he had caught a glimpse, dark brown eyes filled with an intensity it might have even shook him.

Now he stared at her, knowing she was crumbling on the inside. He wasn't happy they had found out like this, even if it did feel like a relief, she was hurting and Emmett couldn't stand it. When he held her hand, touching his cool skin to her much warmer one, Violet felt slightly better. Emmett knew she did by the instant grip she gave him hand. However, that's when she started to realize just what had happened.

Violets knees began to give in, her heart hammering right into her throat, not knowing exactly what to do. She was terrified to go home, if it even was her home now. There was no way the wolves would accept her now, they would think she was with their worst enemy.

If she was correct, and she assumed so considering the silence surrounding them all, it meant Vi had lost her entire family. Even her older brother.

Emmett took the initiative, wanting to take her away from the pain. He might not have known her for long but the pull to save her, like she did him, was strong. He wrapped an arm around her waist, Vi's eyes looking up at him.

Honey colored eyes met dark chocolate ones, ones filled with worry for the chaotic eyes that stared right back. They didn't say anything to one another but the burly man knew she would rather have left with him then face her family. Violet pleaded with her eyes for Emmett to take her with him, knowing it would just add fuel to the fire but really there was nothing else to do.

He nodded, pursing his pink lips and lifting her in his arms, not trusting his mate to think clearly. Violet wrapped her small fingers around the material of his dark jacket, taking one look at her brother she could only murmur one thing.

"I'm sorry."

They raced off, the forest barely visible to her eyes as they quickly went off. Violet kept her eyes shut, forcing down the tears threatening to escape.