Chapter 3

The journey was long and treacherous. We travelled for days on end through multiple biomes. We trekked through thick forests, over enormous mountains, through mesas, and even a world of Ice Spikes. I marveled at the gorgeous frozen pillars that towered over us as we rode by.

The trip was still painfully long and hardly bearable. After spending days on a horse, traveling in pretty much the same direction, you get tired out. Maybe it's only me, though. I could hardly stay awake sometimes. It was quite obvious that I was growing weaker.

Well, obvious enough for Olivia to notice. During the trip, I heard her talking about me with Petra. "What's up with Jesse?" She asked. Petra replied, "...You noticed it, huh?" Olivia responded, "She's trying to hide something from me, isn't she?"

"Olivia, I don't want to freak you out, but... Jesse has Wither Sickness," Petra answered. Olivia replied in shock, "What? How?!" Petra sighed."It's a really long story that I don't want to tell -- I don't think that Jesse wants to talk about it, either."

She was right. I really didn't.

We eventually made it to a swamp. We had all gone without food for a few days, therefore we were all really weak. "It feels like we've been riding forever," Lukas said. "And I'm starving." Olivia lethargically replied, "We all are... Maybe we should just turn back." I responded, "We can't turn back now! We've come so far now!" Olivia said, "We should at least get some rest... And some food."

"I'll go see if I can find some," I stated. Petra replied, "You shouldn't. You should rest here." I retorted, "I'm fine. Stop worrying so much." I walked away in search of food. After about half an hour, all I found was a couple potatoes. "Not much, but it'll help..."

"Hey, Jesse!" Olivia shouted. "Found any food?" I shot back, "Gimme some more time! I'll be right back!" I looked down at the two potatoes resting my hand. I sighed. "I hardly found anything..."

I noticed something in the distance. I drew closer to it, intrigued. "A witch's hut..." I heard someone say behind me. Ivor had unexpectedly crept up behind me. "Aah!" I shrieked.

"We should steer clear of it -- nothing good ever happens when witches are involved," Ivor said. I wasn't paying any attention to his lecture -- I was too busy staring at the large cake resting on the windowsill. "Look, a cake! That's enough to feed everyone!" Ivor retorted, "It's not worth the risk. Witches hate trespassers."

I replied, "I can't pass this up. Watch my back, okay? I'll just grab it and run." I carefully crept into the hut. I grabbed the cake. I would have left immediately, but my interest was piqued by a single chest. I opened it, and found a potion of leaping. I heard ominous laughter behind me.

...That was a bad idea, I thought. I slowly turned around to see a witch standing behind me, with a Splash Potion of Harming in her hands. She threw it right at me. I wasn't quick enough to dodge it, and it hit me right in the face. I weakly ran up to her and tackled her out of the window. I stood up and ran as fast as I could.

"Ivor!" I shouted. There was no response. I tried to find out where he went, but all I found was another witch and a group of skeletons attacking my friends. The horses had ran away. I shouted at the witch, "HEY, YOU! OVER HERE!" She turned towards me, and I pushed her to the ground. "Everyone, let's get out of here!" Our horses were long gone by now, so we had to escape on foot.

For some reason, I couldn't run as fast as I used to. I was just too tired to make a run for it. Petra noticed it, and she grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with her. "Let's go, everyone! The Far Lands are just past the swamp!" I weakly shouted. Soren asked, "Where's Ivor?" I replied, "I don't know, he disappeared outside the witch's hut!"
"Curse that fool of a man..." Soren growled.

After hours of running, we finally made it out of the swamp. I weakly said, "I think we lost them--" I stopped in my tracks and stared at the enormous wall in front of me. It was colossal; unlike anything I've ever seen before. "Wow," I said in amazement. Lukas replied, "I see your 'wow' and raise you a 'whoooaaa.'"

"It's like we're at the edge of the world," Olivia stated. Soren replied, "Actually, we seem to be at the corner of it. Welcome to the Far Lands, my friends."

Petra tapped my shoulder. "You holding up alright?" I responded, "I'm okay. Not good, but okay." I looked back up at the wall. "Have you ever seen anything more breathtaking than this?" Petra replied, "The only thing that took my breath away faster than this was the abundance of stairs back at Soren's End Fortress." I chuckled at that. And all of a sudden, I felt really dizzy again. I almost fell over (again), but Petra caught me. "Just because you say that you're doing alright, doesn't mean that you're in top condition. Take it easy, okay?" I nodded.

As soon as we entered, Olivia was the first one to notice the elephant in the room. "Is this... A maze?" She asked. Soren replied, "It would appear so. And a massive one, from the looks of it. If Ivor used the command block to build this, it could hold unspeakable peril." Lukas said, "So... Maybe should we not just wander into the world's hardest maze without a guide?" Soren turned back towards Lukas. "Unfortunately, this seems to be the only way forward."

"There's no way we're going into some crazy maze that Ivor build to keep people away," I stated. "We'll find some other way through." Olivia replied, "That's the best decision you've made all day." I noticed some vines creeping up a wall. They were thin, but looked sturdy enough to support at least a few people.

My train of thought was interrupted by the moans of approaching zombies. "Everyone, en garde!" Soren shouted as he pulled out a sword. "There's too many of them!" Olivia cried. "We can't fight them all!" I grabbed onto the vines and shouted, "Guys, climb the vines!" We managed to escape the zombies, but everyone else was all the way on the other side of the maze. "Now what? We're all separated!" Lukas said. I replied, "Let's just head that way and find a place where the paths connect." They all turned and left. "I hope they don't get lost in there..." I said to myself.

I looked over the massive, seemingly endless maze. "...I hope I don't get lost in there." As I was walking atop the maze, a sharp pain shot through my arm. I cringed and pulled back my sleeve. The infected area was growing even larger, and my entire arm was pale. I was glad that nobody else was around to see it. It would only cause panic, which we can't afford right now.

I shook it off and headed further into the maze.

---------------
Was I drunk while writing this?
There were like 13 quadrillion errors