Chapter 6

I quickly finished crafting the lever. While I was doing so, Ivor's words echoed repeatedly in my mind.

"I have a cure -- and a way to destroy the Command Block -- back at my lab."

I sure hope what he said is true. The faster I get rid of this stupid sickness, the faster I can get back into action and destroy the Witherstorm.

I carefully placed the lever on the wall. One step closer, I thought hopefully. "Heh," I said softly. "It's like it was made for it... Which it was."
"Time to see what this sucker does..." I said as I flicked the lever, activating the circuit.
The nearby lava wall parted, revealing a secret stairway. Quite the ritzy secret passage if you ask me.

"Why would you build a secret passage in a house nobody every visits?" Lukas asked. "More like, why WOULDN'T you? Secret passages are cool!" I replied.
"Good point," Lukas responded.

Soren, Reuben and I were the first ones to go in. All seemed normal until...

Click!

I heard a loud rumbling come from behind me. "What in the --"

When I looked back, I saw the door -- which was beginning to close behind us. The others were trapped back there. "Are you guys okay?!" I asked in a panic.

"We're fine," Olivia replied. "But the lever isn't working anymore!" I heard the repeated flicking of the lever, which was obviously broken by now.
"Stay there," I ordered. "We'll head down and see what we can find."

When we made it to the bottom of the stairs, the room below was dimly lit -- but just bright enough for me to see what it was exactly. "Whoa," I said in awe.

The room had five pedestals in it - each one holding a different treasure. Prismarine Crystals, Ghast Tears, Packed Ice, and a Sea Latern. The real crown jewel of this room, however, was the Ender Dragon egg in the back of the room. "Incredible!" Soren exclaimed. "He's gathered them all in one place!"

"Gathered... What exactly?" I asked. Soren's eyes widened. "The treasures of the Order of the Stone!" He gazed at each treasure as he walked past them, hope in his eyes. "The stories I could tell about these dusty old things..."

"I don't see any enchanting books, though..." I said. My eyes strayed over to two iron doors. "Maybe through there?" Soren walked over to them and tried to open them. "Locked, of course..."

"There must be some way to open it," I said.

I was trying to focus on the task at hand, but my attention kept going to the treasures on the surrounding pedestals. I couldn't help but take a closer look at them, starting with the Sea Lantern. Sea Lanterns are a rather rare sight, considering that they're only naturally found underwater.

Soren noticed me staring at the lantern and decided to speak up. "That Sea Lantern is the very same one the Order built, all those years ago! We were so green back then... It looks just as bright as on the day we crafted it."

I don't know what happened next, but for some reason my arm was outstretched towards the Lantern. I must have blanked out for a second... But why in the world was I trying to take it?

Soren noticed as well. "Jesse, what are you doing?" I replied, "I... Don't know. I was just out of it for a second. I think I was trying to either touch it or take it." Soren gave me a funny look. I don't think he bought it.

"We... Uh... Might need it to unlock that door!" I said awkwardly, trying to change the subject. "Very well," Soren said. "Just be careful with it."

I carefully picked up the Lantern and put it away. A wooden pressure plate lay on top of the pedestal where the lantern used to be. I guess I was right in saying that we needed it. Maybe I needed the other treasures as well.