Chapter 7

The next room was... Certainly something. It was chock full of lamps emitting a soft violet glow, towers of pure Obsidian, banners with various patterns... But the most impressive part was an enormous Obsidian statue of some sort of mighty beast. It seemed to fill almost the entire room- from the tip of its tail to the one menacing lamp used for its eye. "By the stars..." Soren said in amazement. "It's the Ender Dragon! With replica Ender Crystals and all!"

"Wow... I had always wondered what it looked like," I replied. I had heard of the Ender Dragon many times in stories, but I had never seen anything relating to it- not even a drawing. Considering the fact that the Order of the Stone defeated it long so, this was probably the closest I'd ever get to seeing it in person. I'll admit, it was fascinating, if not a little bit intimidating. I felt so small and weak compared to it- heck, my Wither Sickness made everyone look like a force to be reckoned with when compared to me.

I scanned the edge of the room we had just entered- of course, it was locked. "No way out," I said meagerly. Soren didn't respond- he was too amazed by the gargantuan Ender Dragon statue. Entranced, almost. I walked over to him, and gently tapped him on the shoulder- I needed information as soon as possible, and he was sure to know more than I did about this place. "What is this place?" I asked. "I mean... What does it represent, if anything at all?"

Soren replied, "It appears to be an homage to our battle with the Ender Dragon. Despite his anger, Ivor never dropped being fond of us... heh."
"This is the same Ender Dragon you and the Order of the Stone defeated, right?" Soren chuckled. "No, Jesse. It's merely a model. Is that Wither sickness already getting to your head?"

The mere mention of my Wither Sickness made me wince a little.

"R-right... That was kind of my point. If you tell me about the battle, maybe it could help us find a way out, similar to the treasures in the last room..." I replied awkwardly. "My apologies," Soren said. "And about the battle? Oh, if only you'd been there... It was a fight for the ages!"

We'd spent weeks preparing for our greatest battle ever. But even so, the Ender Dragon was stronger than even I had imagined. I realized it was drawing strength from the Ender Crystals -- and that the crystals had to be destroyed. I hit the first with a perfectly placed arrow... The second, I destroyed by launching myself on the shockwave of Magnus's TNT! Using only my strength and my wiles, I steered the foul beast towards the third Crystal. Luckily, Ellie's arrow machine was enough to take the third one out! And I flew the dragon directly toward the final Crystal! Only then did Gabriel deliver his famous final blow...

"We became heroes," Soren continued. "And eventually, legends. The greatest the world has ever known!"

I raised my eyebrow, and asked one final question. "Did you really do ALL of that?"

"Indeed I did," he haughtily replied. "They didn't call us the Order of the Stone for nothing!"

"Right, so... maybe this story will help me solve this puzzle," I said, trying to change the subject in order to keep Soren from going on a boastful rampage.

I stared at the tail of the Ender Dragon statue. A single, pale lamp gave an ominous glow from the end of its tail. "So Soren rode the Dragon, huh...?" I said quietly to myself.

I tried my best to recall the story from my memory. My mind was still a bit frazzled from my Sickness, but I remember hearing that Soren took out the first Crystal with one of his arrows. With that, I trotted over to the banner that was embellished with an arrow. There was a button nearby, which I assumed that I had to push. When I pressed it, the lamp on top slowly began to flicker before shutting off completely.