December 25th 1971

December 25th, 1971

Dear diary,

It's Christmas! I love this holiday. I wish I could spend it with my mommy and daddy again, but I have a feeling it will never be the same. No holiday will ever be the same without them.

Mommy whispers things in my ear like how daddy is a bad person and how he hurt mommy. I knew that, I knew all of that. Mommy is such a good person, she didn't deserve the bad things daddy would say and do to her.

In the morning, grandma and grandpa let me open my presents under the tree! One of the presents was from Santa. It was a doll house. Grandma said she knew how I loved my dolls so she got me a house.

I loved all my presents. I got some new dolls and toys to play with too. I was sad because I couldn't see mommy anywhere. But then I found her standing in my room.

She told me she loved me and she hugged me. She said I was her special girl again. She told me merry Christmas. She said she was going to show me my powers. She told me I was going to be just like her!

Mom said she wants to show me what I can do. That's why I am her special little girl, because I can do the same things as her. I didn't understand what she meant by that but I was excited.

Mom told me to look at the flower pot on my dresser. Suddenly, it lifted up in the air all the way to the ceiling, then smashed all over the ground! I was sad. Grandma and grandpa will be mad at me for the broken glass.

I told her that I would get in trouble and that it is a big mess to clean up. She told me that I have to think really hard to fix it. It sounded like a silly idea. So I was thinking really hard like she said, then these black, swirly things flew up to the ceiling. They looked just like the ones in the cards that the special doctor showed me.

The black swirls flew up to the ceiling and all the broken glass gathered, and the flower pot formed and went back on the shelf. It was all better again! How did I do that?