June 7th 1972

June 7th, 1972

Dear diary,

I haven't written in here in a while. A lot of stuff has happened. Mommy wasn't happy that I didn't want to leave my Aunt and Uncle's. So she said she was going to "take" care of them. But I knew what she was gonna do, she was gonna hurt them too. And now that I know what my mommy does, I didn't want anyone else to get hurt. So I ran away from their house, leading her away from hurting them.

She told me that we will always be together. She said that I am her mini-me and without me, she's incomplete. She needs me.

"We have always been alike, Ruby. But there's only one difference between us. You're alive and I'm not. So we must be equal, and that means-"

Mommy wanted me to die! She said I need to die so the two of us can always be together. She keeps telling me that she's my mother and to listen to her, and not ask questions.

I want everything to be the way it was before, when I was with my mommy and daddy and we were different, we were happy. This is all just sad now.

I screamed and got very scared and mad at mommy. I don't want to die! Mommy's a killer and I'm not. I don't want to always be with her. I want to be alone!

Why is she doing this to me? Why is she so much different than before she got sick and went to the hospital?