December 29th 1971

December 29th, 1971

Dear diary,

Grandma and grandpa said that no one is coming over for our New Years' party because they are sick. I was sad. I wanted to see family. I feel like I have no family anymore except for them and Mommy.

Mommy visited me again. She told me that I will start the new year with a change. I'm not really sure what she meant by that.

Right now, grandpa is sleeping all day and grandma is very tired while watching the small television box. She looks like she will fall asleep.

I am in my room playing with my dolls. It makes me sad because daddy got me dolls when I was younger, and now he is gone.

Mommy whispered in my ear, "You don't need those dolls anymore. Your dad is a very bad person."

"But.. I love these dolls." I frowned. She knew how much I loved them. Even if my dad is a bad person, he loved me when he gave them to me.

"Come on." She pressed.

I put them all in a pile. I was sad. I loved these dolls, but I loved mommy more.

I think I started to cry. I was sad. Mommy whispered in my ear, "Do you want to know why you're so special? Because you can do things, just like me." We both looked at the pile of dolls. "You just have to look at those dolls, and concentrate. Think about the energy behind these toys. Your dad was very mean and he hurt us. You don't want any trace of your father's energy. So they must go." I listened to her. "Try it."

I listened to mom because I love her. The dolls started to catch on fire! There was a lot of smoke in the room. The dolls were turning black and the fire was on the floor now. I could feel how hot the room was getting now, and I started to cough from the smoke. I hoped this was just a dream, I didn't do that, did I?

Grandma ran in my room and looked very mad. She told me that I am in big trouble and can't play with fire. She got grandpa to stop the fire. I got smacked and had to go in the corner for a while. It was sad.