Chapter 2

Dear No One,

Today was weird, Ms. Webb asked me, “Charlie, what was the last thing you remember?” At the time I responded with the usual, “I don’t know,” knowing that she didn’t mean what I had last week for breakfast, but if I have a memory from a while ago.

But now, for some reason, I’m remembering about 8 months ago back in February, sitting in Ms. Webb’s office and her asking me the exact same question, “Charlie, what was the last thing you remember?” That’s the last thing I remember though. I can’t think of anything past that, except for, that day was also my 16th birthday because that was the day she gave me this journal thing.  

Yeah, now you are thinking, “Wow, she has had this for 8 months and hasn’t written in it until now! That’s weird!”  Well maybe it was because I didn’t want to. Maybe because I had no idea what was going on with my life? Or maybe because I didn’t want to feel weird like I was talking to myself, like I am right now.

Everyone back then always acted weird around me. All the kids here would completely avoid me and you could hear them whispering things about me. I thought if I wrote in this thing it would make me stand out even more so instead I would just sit there and do nothing. Now most of the kids here don’t even notice me so I decided let’s give this thing a try. 

 It’s different that’s for sure. Different because I do feel like I’m talking to myself and I don’t think I really enjoy that. It makes me think too much. But at the same time… I like thinking too much.