Chapter 13

** Dedicated to @finallyawake for the fantastic new cover! Thank you so much <3

Dear No One,

I haven’t written in a while. I couldn’t express what I was feeling into words.  I don’t think I can now either but I thought I would try.

That day Ms. Webb came in and said I would find whatever out the next day meant that the next day I would go with Ms. Webb to see Nolan. Nolan was, and still is now that I remember him, my best friend in this crappy place.  Something happened which no one will tell me, but he ended up in the hospital, and for that month that Ms. Webb was gone, she had come to talk with Nolan and make sure everything was alright with him. 

I go every day to see him or every chance I get that someone will let me go. Yesterday was the first day Ms. Webb and Anne let me go by myself. I think they thought I would run off or something but I didn’t. I felt like something was holding me back.

I still don’t know where Nick is but I know Nolan knows. Every time I walk into his room at the hospital he looks at me with his dark eyes that seem to be almost lifeless.  They look as if they are holding something but want to share. Also whenever I ask him a question containing Nick or whatever the crap happened to him he just whispers, “I wish I could tell you Charlie,” with those eyes that are begging for me to understand.

 Well Nolan, I also wish you could tell me.