2. Hogwarts Express

2. The Hogwarts Express

Rosa stood in front of a mirror, adjusting her jeans and long sleeve shirt. She wished to wear a short sleeve shirt being as it was rather warm, but the Mark her father had given her the only time she had seen him showed dark on her light skin. She sighed, finally giving up and pushing her dark hair back over her shoulders. Professor McGonagoll walked into her room and smiled at the girl.

"Rosa, you look like your father when he was a boy." said the older witch.

"I am nothing like him." the young girl scowled, evoking a laugh from the older witch.

The two witches made their way through downtown London towards King's Cross. The younger witch had been informed her things would be sent to Hogwarts ahead of her. She only carried a small bag with her robes and Quiddich book in it.

The two witches made their way through the crowded train station. The older witch looked at the numbers above the platforms. She stopped in front of the barrier between platforms Nine and Ten. The younger witch gave her a confused look.

"Why are we standing in front of a barrier?" the younger witch asked perplexed. The older witch smiled and laughed.

The older witch took the younger girl's hand and pulled her towards the barrier. The younger witch screamed and closed her eyes, preparing to run into the barrier, but the wall never met her. The young witch opened her eyes tentatively. She stood before a huge train that billowed smoke, she gasped.

"Welcome to the Hogwarts Express." The older witch said to the astonished younger witch. "Just go in there and find a compartment to set in. Change when the others do and then just follow everyone else. You'll be sorted with the first years. Goodbye Rosa."

The young witch climbed onto the train and went past full compartment after full compartment. She finally came to one with just one occupant. She opened the door and eyed the fair haired, pale looking wizard. He looked up from his book, his eyebrows raised as he eyed the beautiful witch before him.

"Can I sit in here?" the girl asked. "All the other compartments are full..."

"Y-yeah," the boy stammered. He was stunned by her dark hair and eyes. She seemed to radiate beauty and power.

"Thanks..." she said, taking the other vacant window seat. She crossed her legs and pulled out her book. She read and the fair haired boy watched her, examining her powerful atmosphere.

"What family do you come from?" he asked suddenly, startling the girl.

"Excuse me?" she asked, placing the book beside her. The compartment was stifling hot, the girl rolled up her sleeves without thinking. The fair haired boy glanced at her arms and gasped.

"You've got the Mark!" he said, his voice a hoarse whisper. The girl quickly pushed down her sleeves, a red tinge appearing on her face.

"My name is Draco Malfoy, son of Lucias Malfoy, the Dark Lord's second in command." the boy said proudly, he pulling up his sleeve and showed the girl the same Mark that adorned her arm.

The girl gasped and grabbed his arm, running a delicate finger over his Mark.

"Where did you get his?" she demanded.

How many people had he branded? she thought desperately.

Rosa knew her father never loved her, he branded her out of requirement, so he would be able to call her when needed. The time hadn't yet come, and might never. She could remember the searing pain as the Mark was burned into her flesh. She was only ten years old when he Marked her. Her father knew how powerful she was, so he had seen the need to claim her.