Chapter 10

I woke up screaming. I didn't know what happened but I had a nightmare and it wasn't pretty. I then remembered that I wasn't home well not yet at least. I heard feet running to my tent and my breath got caught in my throat. Mom, dad, and Erlendur came in with worried eyes.

"Are you ok Caroline? Are you hurt." Mom asked

"No I just had a really bad nightmare." I said

"Do you want to talk about it?" Erlendur asked and I shook my head no.

"I'll tell you guys tomorrow when I'm not as scared." I said and dad nodded.

"Get some rest we are leaving to go home tomorrow." Dad said and I nodded. Everyone left my tent except Erlendur.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" He asked and I nodded. He walked towards the front of the tent when I did something I didn't know I would do.

"Erlendur will you stay with me until I fall back asleep?" I asked

"Of course." He said and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and fell asleep in his arms.

Erlendur's POV

She fell asleep pretty quickly. I got up careful not to wake her. She looks so peaceful and beautiful when she sleeps. I just got out of her tent when my dad walked up to me.

"Good job my son for getting close to her. When I kill her family she will watch all of them die and then you will kill her." Dad said and he walked away before I could answer. I'm promising myself that I will never hurt her and to protect her from my father.