Chapter 11

We're finally home and I couldn't be happier. Erlendur has been acting very protective of me lately and I don't know why. When i got off the boat I ran to see my brothers.

"Caroline!!!"They screamed once they saw me.

"Brothers I've missed you so much." I said

"We have missed you too. Ubber said

"Well were is mother?" I asked and he pointed to the back room. I thanked him and went back there to greet mother.

"Hello mother we are back." I said

"Hello Caroline its good to have you back. I need to talk to you in private." She said and I looked back at him.

"Erlendur wait outside I'll be there soon." I said and he looked like he was unsure of that. I went up to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll be fine, I'm safe with her go." I said and he nodded. He finally left and I went to sit down.

"What's going on mother?" I asked

"Nothing is going on I just wanted to talk to you. I haven't spoken to you in a while so how is you an Erlendur doing?" She asked with a smile.

"We are doing great mother he treats me right and never disrespects me or father. I love him and he loves me and we hope to get married in the future." I said and she smiled.

"I really like you two together." She said and I smiled

"Thank you mother." I said

"Go back to him I see that he is becoming nervous." She said and I laughed

"Yeah he's been acting more protective of me lately for some reason." I said

"He loves you and doesn't want to lose you at all."She said. I walked out to see him pacing back and forth.

"Erlendur I'm here you don't have to worry anymore." I said and he smiled.

"Good the rest of my family is coming here in a week. I can't wait for mother to meet you." He said and I smiled. Ragnar and Lagertha came into the great hall. I smiled when I saw my other mom.

"Caroline and me. Lagertha, and Aslaug need to talk to you in private. Erlendur your father wants you." Ragnar said and I nodded.

"See you later." I said and we kissed. we went into the back room where no one can hear us.

"What's up father?" I asked

"King Horik's family is coming here in a week. I want everyone to be on their best behavior." He said and we nodded.