Who saw it coming?

"Ashton-" He cut me off before I could say anything. "Stop. Avery. Just. You're beautiful and I love you. I always have." WHAT? "Ashton. I don't know how to respond to that. I don't know how I feel about you. I've thought about it. But I'm still confused." I felt bad. And he started to look very angry. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW? BECAUSE YOU SEEMED LIKE YOU LIKED IT 20 SECONDS AGO." I did like it. But I don't know if I want to be with him. "TRUST ME. I DID. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN." Now he's making me mad. "You know what? Ashton. Get out of my house. Go. Leave. I don't want to deal with this right now." I know I told him that he could stay. But I was done for the night. And it would be the best if he left. "Alright. I'm gone. Call me when you figure yourself out. Because I'm not going to help you." Oh wow. That was low. "GOOD. I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP. GOOODBYEEEEE." And with that, he ran out of the house and slammed the door behind him.

I can't believe that just happened. I didn't expect that from Ashton. First, what happened with Luke, and now I've lost my best friend because I can't react properly with things. It's been a long day. I should get some sleep. I head up to my room. Ugh. I'm so mad right now. I plop down on my bed and look at my phone. A missed call from Ashton, I thought he wasn't going to help me? And a text from unknown number.

From: Unknown

Hey Avery. This is Luke. Luke Hemmings, if you didn't know. I just wanted to know if you'd like to hang out sometime.

Wait. Is this seriously happening right now? THE Luke Hemmings just texted me, asking if I wanted to hang out. THE LUKE HEMMINGS I'VE HAD A CRUSH ON FOR LIKE EVER. Wait. How'd he get my number? I don't know. Doesn't matter. All I know is he still knows I exist, he still knows my name, and he wants to hang out with me of all people. Of course I reply.

To: LUKE HEMMINGS

Oh. Hey Luke! Yeah. Sure. We deffinitely should sometime! How about tomorrow at the park?

He repllied almost instantly

From: LUKE HEMMINGS

Yeah. Sounds good. See you there!

Woah. I'm going to hang out with Luke tomorrow at the park. I could've never imagined this happening. Now I know I'm going to sleep good tonight. But I'm still going to worry about Ashton. He and I have been friends since before I can remember. I'll figure it out tomorrow after I hang out with Luke. Ashton is busy all of the time anyway. He's in some band with Calum. They never talk about it. So I don't know about that whole situation. I haven't talked to Luke in ages. We used to be friends before I met Ashton. Our moms were friends, so we always hung out, they always used to joke around about how we would end up together. I never took that seriously before, but now I think I have a chance.

I wake up the next morning and look at the time. 10:29. I should start getting ready to go to the park soon. Dressy? Casual? Sweats? Cute and Flirty? Ugh. THE STRUGGLE. I decided on skinny jeans and a crop top. It was almost summer, it's hot outside, and yet I choose to wear skinny jeans. Smart me. Oh well. I run downstairs and make a sandwich. Something quick before I leave. I finish eating and start heading for the door while putting on my grey vans. Mom catches me before I leave. "Now where are you going?" Oh. Shoot. Forgot she was home. "Oh. Hey mom. I'm just going to the park to meet up with Luke." She looked confused. "Luke who?" "Mom. The only Luke I know. Luke Hemmings." there goes off that little light bulb in her head. "Oh. Okay. I haven't seen him in a while. Well have fun!" "Okay. Bye!" I start heading for the park. We lived near each other, so we both knew which park to go to. I'm seriously about to meet up with Luke. Omg.

I arrive at the park and see Luke on the swings going back and forth. Haha. He's such a kid sometimes. But that's what I like about him. I walk up and sit on the swing next to him. What do I say? I don't know what to talk about. This just kinda happened. I didn't think this through very well. Well. Here goes nothing. "Hey Luke. How are you?" Oh wow. I'm really awkward. "Well hey there Avery. I was a little upset. Ashton flipped out on me at band practice this morning. But now I'm all better knowing that you're here." Wait. What. What does he mean by 'knowing that I'm here?' And he's in Ashton and Calum's band? No wonder they didn't talk about it much. "I'm nothing special. And you're in a band? With Ashton?" "Yeah. I'm in a band with Ashton, Calum, and Michael. We call ourselves 5 seconds of summer." Well this is the first that I've heard of it... "And you're very special. No matter what anyone tells you. Avery. Believe it. I know I haven't talked to you in a long time. And I feel very bad about that. But now I'm here." My eyes started to water. I looked away from him and wiped my eyes. "But what about Kelsey and all of them?" I would point that out. Stupid me. "Kelsey? She's nothing. I don't even like her. The only reason she's with me all of the time is because she follows me and hangs all over me." "Wow. I'm sorry. But I don't think you'd want to hang out with someone like me." I hate being so insecure. "Why not? Avery. You're all I've ever wanted. And that won't ever change." I can't let him in so easily. But I do anyway. "Oh. Luke. You're all I've ever wanted too." I shyly say looking down at the ground. I peek a look at him and see him smiling and blushing a little. Aww. "Really? What are the chances of me being able to take you to dinner tonight?" Omg. Like. WHAT. "The chances are very high. And I would go, Luke Hemmings." I laugh a little. "Good. I'll pick you up at 6. Wear something nice." And he walks off. Oh jeez. It's already 1. I should get home and shower. I do a little happy dance. I can't believe that I'm going on a date tonght. With Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if this is really long/short. What a game changer there. I hope you guys like it!

Comment, Share, Vote, and thanks for reading!