Chapter 3

One day Elsie gets a mysterious letter from her father. It reads:
Dear Elsie, my baby girl,
I'm sorry I never got to see you grow up. It's hard too considering I'm on a life sentence. I bet you've become a remarkable young woman. You are a powerful weapon. Control your powers don't let them control you.
Love you baby girl,
Your dad,
Franklin Batsby

"How does he know about my powers?" She asks herself. "Why did he call me a weapon? He's deranged. That's for sure." She hides the letter and goes downstairs for breakfast. She'll worry about the letter after school. Right now, she has to eat fast, so she doesn't miss her bus and end up being late to school.

Elsie throws on her backpack, rushes out to the bus and hops on. On the bus, she finds her seat next to her best friend Kim. "What's wrong?" Kim asks her. Elsie shrugs and replies, "nothing." She can't let her best friend know of her powers and the mysterious letter from her dad that calls her a living weapon. Elsie quickly changes the conversation due to the fact Kim has just made her rather uncomfortable.

At school, the girls go together to their first class of the day: Mrs. Barkley's English class. They share English class, Geometry class, and their journalism class. They love sharing three classes. They couldn't ask for anything better than that. That's the truth. They're besties and besties they will always be forever until the end of times.