-Chapter 24- The Midnight Visit

E L S A

{A few hours earlier}

"Argh, I'm so glad we are back. I'm so tired." Anna exhaled loudly while she placed her heavy suitcase on the floor.

"You slept the entire ride back here. I'm the one who's allowed to complain! Do you know how difficult it is to keep your eyes open behind the wheel? Atleast you snore so loud that you managed to keep me awake." I complained while I dropped myself on our couch, face first.

"How about hot chocolate and then straight to bed? We'll unpack our stuff tomorrow." Anna suggested.

"Sounds wonderful." I said while I sat up.

We went to the kitchen and prepared ourselves some hot chocolate. I leaned on the counter with the nice warm cup in my hands, Anna sat down on a barstool.

"Tomorrow we have to go to school again." Anna sighed. "Hey, when will you have exams and stuff? You're almost graduating."

"Ugh, don't remind me. We're preparing for the exams, we'll have them very soon." I said and I took a sip of hot chocolate.

"Didn't you want to become a writer?"
"Yes, that's an impossible dream of mine." I chuckled.

"Oh, c'mon Els. It's not impossible, you get straight A's in English." Anna said which made me chuckle.

"It takes more than that, besides we need money. I'm going to get a job when I'm done with highschool." I said and I placed my cup to the sink. "Goodnight, Anna." I said and gave my sister a hug.

"Sleep tight." She smiled.

I quickly made my way to my small bedroom and crawled under my blankets. I closed my eyes and started to dream about my shoeless prince.

Click clack. Then it stopped for a second, then it started again. Click clack. A noise kept repeating itself which slowly drifted me out of my deep sleep. My eyes were shut but the noise kept repeating itself. Very slowly. As I started to wake up, I started to recognize the sound. Something was touching the wooden floor of my bedroom. Click clack. Were those shoes?

I carefully opened my eyes.

"Well, well. Look who decided to wake up." A calm but threathening voice spoke, the voice caused chills to go down my spine. The British accent made it even worse. Even though we didn't have many encounters, infact none. I recognized the voice immediately. Pitch Black.

"P-Pitch?" it came out more hopeless than I thought it would.

The clicking of his shiny shoes stopped and he sat down at the end of my bed, directly facing me. The moonlight which came through my window reflected his scary goldish eyes and his pale greyish skin. I was too shocked to say anything but deep down I was hoping it would just be a bad dream.

"Yes, Elsa?" he said my name as if he had known me for a long time. Which creeped me out.

"W-what are you d-doing here?" I whispered. I was wondering why he didn't kill me yet.

"Good question. I'm here because of a deal. I'm pretty sure Frost has told you about it." Pitch said calmly while he stood up and slowly walked towards me. I crawled as far away from him as I could which wasn't far, I ended up sitting on my pillow. My breathing fastened when his cold hand touched my cheek.

"D-Don't." I whimpered silently.

"About my deal, I'm pretty sure you know it has been broken many times." He said while he still had his hand on my cheek. He removed it and continued.