chapter 10

𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠

I was about to take a bite of my sandwich when I heard Devin calling my name, "Princess, who's Evan?" He asked popping his head into the kitchen.

I dropped my sandwich in shock, "Evan is my bitch ass cousin." I said rolling my eyes, but I couldn't help but feel the dread slowly creeping up on me, "Why do you ask?"

He furrowed his brows, "Because there's someone named Evan here to see you." I covered my mouth with my hand. How did he get out of the institution? 

Devin must've felt my mood change because he was beside me in two seconds flat. "Princess, Who is Evan?" He obviously wanted more details.

I gulped, "Evan is my schizophrenic cousin, he's four years older than me and Sam. When we were twelve he read a book about werewolves and became obsessed with the crazy idea that Sam was his mate- despite the fact that Sam is literally his cousin!" I was filled with disgust as I explained. 

"You and Sam are cousins? I never knew that." Devin said with a confused look on his face.

I nodded, "Yes, keep up. Evan used to babysit us since we all lived relatively close. For months he went on and on about him and Sam being mates, our parents thought it was weird and when they told him to stop he just continued doing it when they weren't around." He nodded, signaling me to continue. "Well one day he was babysitting us and we'd had enough of the werewolf bullshit-"

I was cut off by Devin growling, "It's not bullshit!" He whined, crossing his arms over his chest.

I giggled and gave him a quick peck, "Yes we know that, now. But anyway, we told him to quit saying it and that it was weird because we were cousins. He got angry, so angry that he tied me to a chair and tried to forcibly 'mark' Sam, is what he called it. I screamed so loud it got the attention of a neighbor and they were able to put a stop to it."

Devin looked shocked, "He tried to mark, Sam?" 

I nodded, "He did, and because he was sixteen and we were twelve he was in a lot of trouble. When he started talking about werewolves, mates, and marking they thought he lost it. They diagnosed him as a dangerous schizophrenic and locked him up. The last time I heard about it he was still there."

I saw Devin glance at the door, "Well he might be out because he's at the northern border."

I bit my lip, "Well then we have a problem."

I saw Devin's eyes fog over grey before he zoned in again, "Shane, Elliott, Sam, and Kate are coming. Can you tell the story again?" I groaned but nodded, anything to keep Sam safe.

After I retold the story to all of them, Sam looked nervous. I understood why too, this was something buried in our past and it was something both of us definitely didn't want to get dug up.

"Where is he now?" Elliott asked curiously.

Devin glanced at the door, "He's outside the cages with guards monitoring him." 

I stood up, "We should go talk to him." 

Devin pulled my hand causing me to fall into a sitting position next to him, "You should not. But we will." He said standing up and motioning to the guys.

I scowled, "Why can't we come? Because we're girls?" I accused.

Devin sighed and shook his head, "No, because you girls are what he wants." I mean he has a point but still!

"Fine." I huffed.

Devin kissed my head, "I love you, Princess. I'll be back soon." I nodded as he, Elliott, and Shane walked out.