Interrogation

{James}

"So, James..." Jeremy eyes me with a smirk.

"So what, Jeremy?"

"Don't 'so what' me, you sly dog," Jeremy grabs a pillow from the couch and starts hitting me with it. "I saw you with a girl today, now who is she?"

I put my hand up to stop his attack. "She's someone who I happened to share a coincidence with, that's all."

He gives me the 'yeah, right' look.

"Sure she is. You can't lie to me, mister, I saw your eyes when you were talking to her; anyone could have seen the looov-"

I cover his mouth with my hand. "Shut up, you idiot. Don't put feelings in my head."

"Still afraid of feeling that kind of thing, James?"

"Still being nosy? Thought so."

"We're not done here, you know," He gets up and walks backward to the stairs. "You just keep denying it, James, I'm sure no one will notice."

A wink and a twirl, and he's gone.

I sigh, looking up at the ceiling.

He's just being stupid. You've only known her for a day, and one long look in a pancake house doesn't mean you're in love.

If I couldn't sort out my head, how could he?

She was just a girl.

Just...Olivia.

Green eyes, mysterious smile, long hair, beautiful...just Olivia.

The small voice in my head, the one I try to ignore, spoke up.

"You're not fooling me. You've got it bad. Full on, love-at-first-sight, head over heels."

Shît.