Entry 9: The Treehouse

May 18, 2013
I came to the treehouse with Holly. I woke up. She was gone. I don't know why I told her she could come. She's a stranger. She doesn't know me. And she isn't my mother. I don't know why I let her come. I wanted to be alone.

I came out of the treehouse. She was sitting out in front of the treehouse, in the backyard. I came down to her. "Who are you?" I asked her. "We go to the same school. I saw you eating alone. Why where you so sad?" she asked me. "My- my mother died in a car accident last week." I was about to cry. "I'm so sorry." Holly said. "I vowed never to talk to anyone, ever again after she passed. You're the first person I'm talking to again." I told her. "I'm going to stop your  worries. You'll no longer be so sad." Holly reassured me.

"How are you gong to do that?" I asked, knowing it would be impossible trying to bring me back my happiness. "I've gone through what you're going through. Here, take this." she said, handing me an old CD. "Thanks." I said. I had no idea what I was going to do with this CD. "It's an old copy of a recorded therapy session." she said. "By who?" I asked. "A famous therapist named Virginia Satir. You should listen to this." Holly said. "But, I advise you get home, first. Your Dad is probably worried sick!" she told me. I shrieked. "What time is it?" I asked, shocked. "Half an hour 'till school starts." Holly said, after checking her watch. "I - I can't stay. Running away was a horrible idea!" I started crying. I felt like an idiot. Running away was dumb. "I have to go. I'm sorry. I'll see you at school. Bye!" I said. Then I took off with my things. I was going home, where I belonged.