Scout and Brit.

Blue Base

"Ay, ay, ay!" Scout ran to the Medic room, and saw Medic with his little sister. "Whatcha doin' teachin' my sistah medicine?"

"What's wrong about medicine?" Medic asked, handing Scout's sister a syringe. "Thiz will help you, darling."

"Thanks, Uncle Medic."

"Brit, let's get you to bed."

"Uh, Scout?" Medic shuffled uneasily. "Maybe ve can let Brittany fight today?"

"Are ya crazy? She's still sick, and I'm not riskin' pneumonia or somethin'."

"I have charged her, she should be fine."

"Please, Scout? Uncle Medic said that Grandpa Denoman would protect me!"

Scout looked at his sister, who was pale still. Her freckles were faded, and he smile was forced.

"Fine..."

"Oh thank you--"

"On one condition."

"Vhat izt it?" Medic asked, patting Brit's head.

"Ya gotta baby sit whenever I choose."

"Vhat?!"

"Please, Uncle Medic?"

Medic looked at Brittany, and saw her big blue eyes glistening with some tears.

"Fine...only for my little das schätzchen." Medic smiled, and Brittany ran out of the room, her glasses almost falling off.

"Das schätzchen?" Scout questioned. "How cheesy can you get?"

"You don't know what it means, do you?"

"Notta clue."

Scout left and looked to see where his sister had run off to. He walked around the base, and looked left and right.

He adored his little sister, ever since she was born. He was always so close to her, and tried his hardest to keep her safe. It was his job.

"Hey, Denoman, you've seen Brit?"

"Oh, the wee lass went off to talk to Spy."

"Oh, that old bag. What's she talkin' to him for?"

"Dunno."

Scout walked to the briefcase room, and saw Spy and Brit talking. Brit was look at a book, and smiling.

"Another book? You've got millions of 'em, why get a new one?" Scout asked, walking in the room.

"Zhis ees not a regular book." Spy said, lighting a cigarette.

"Yeah, bruddah! Look!" Brit threw the book up, and Scout watched.

The book fell back down, and stopped on Brit's fist. The book fell to the ground, and Brit had Spy's butterfly knife.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Scout grabbed the knife, and scowled at Spy. "Whadda doin'?!"

"Being Uncle Spy." Spy smirked, taking the knife. "Her birthday ees coming up, zo I gave her a prezent."

"Not a goddamn knife! Spy, she's only 7!"

"Um...Scout? I'm 13..." Brit muttered, yawning.

"See? She still falls asleep at this time."

"I skipped my nap..." Brit said, rubbing her eyes.

Spy picked up Brit, and stared at Scout.

"She won't stay a baby forever, Scout." Spy said, shaking his head. "Get used to eet."

And with that, Spy and Brit walked out, leaving Scout with his thoughts.