Chapter 6

Abel:
It's been weeks since me and Camille spoke but she did agree to a DNA test, so we got one and was expecting the results today. I laid back in my bunk on the tour bus and turned my music up louder as I closed my eyes. The last thing I wanted was to be bothered, I just wanted to sleep and wait for this call.

Pretty Wings by Maxwell started playing as I dosed off,

"I came wrong you were right
Transformed your love into light
Baby believe me I'm sorry I told you lies

I turned day into night
Sleep 'til I died a thousand times
I should've showed you
Better nights better times better days
I miss you more and more."

Damn, now I felt like shit again. I knew I had really hurt Camille's feelings but I was just nervous as fuck. Being a father isn't something you can just throw at someone. Especially someone like me. I don't know anything about kids and how they work or what they eat. Everything I had said to Camille I didn't mean. I just said them out of druken anxiety, but I doubt telling her that would change anything.

I opened my eyes to switch the song when I was interrupted my an incomming call. "Uuh hello?" I yawned as I answered.

"Yes, is this Mr.Tesfaye?" A woman asked.

"Yes it is."

"This is Sandra. I'm calling from Labcorp with your paternity test results."

I cleared my throat. "Okay...go for it." My mouth was suddenly dry.

" The results I'm about to read are pertaining to the twins Ava Tesfaye and AJ Tesfaye. Both were tested and the results came back the same." She paused.

"And?" My hands were starting to sweat now.

"It reads as followed: The alleged father is not excluded as the biological father of the tested child. Based on testing results obtained from analyses of the DNA loci listed, the probability of paternity is 99.998%." She paused again.

"So I'm a father..."

"Yes sir you are. Any other questions?"

"No, thank you."

"You're welcome." When she hung up I let out a loud sigh.

"You good bro?" La Mar asked as he walked by.

"Um...yeah im good. Do you still have that girls number? Tia?"

"Yeah you want it?"

"Yeah.." I nodded and he pulled out his phone and handed it to me so I could put the number in my contacts.

"What are you about to do?" He asked as he got in his bunk across from mine.

"I'm try and fix things between me an Camille. You tryin to help?

"We bout to go on a mission impossible." He laughed.

"Trust me I'ma make everthing smooth again."

"If you say so." He shook his head still laughing.

I pulled Tia's number back up and decided to text her.

Abel: Hey Tia, this is Abel. Can you text me Cami's address? Don't tell her I'm coming tho.

I got a reply less than thirty seconds later with Camille's address and a bunch of smiley faces. I had a feeling Tia was gonna tell, but I couldn't worry about that right now..