Chapter 2 ● Los Angeles

• Kayla •

I drove my car down the slick roads of LA. Heavy rain was pounding down on my window shield. In this state, I was lucky if I could see five feet in front of my car. I pulled a map out from the passenger side and glanced at it.

The mansion is right off of Marlee Avenue...

I looked up from the map to see a sign for the street I was looking for and turned a sharp left. There were rows of enormous houses, or in this case, mansions. The house address was 27091. I strained to look through my window for the house. I turned another corner and found it as the first house on the left.

Shoot, I thought. There were three cars in the driveway. How long have they been here? It was 2 AM so probably awhile.

I parked my car by the sidewalk and studied the mansion. From what I could see there were no lights on. Everyone must be asleep. I opened the drivers side and stepped out into the pouring rain. I grabbed my backpack from the passenger side and tucked the map into the side pocket. I popped the trunk and heaved my suitcase from it. From the one minute that I've been out here, I was already soaking wet. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and rolled my suitcase up the driveway towards the mansion. I took the key from my pocket and unlocked the big metal front door. The house was pitch black and smelled faintly of cinnamon. I stepped fully into the house and I jumped as the door slammed shut behind me. To see, I took out my phone and used the flashlight app. I took off my black laced boots and set them a little ways from the door. I hung my coat in the closet not far from the front door and headed upstairs.

I can explore the house later.

I lugged my suitcase and backpack up two flights of stairs before coming to a hallway of bedrooms. The wooden floor creaked slightly as I walked to the end of the hall to the last open bedroom. I could hear faint snoring in the room next me, so I was extra cautious about getting settled into my room.

My bed sheets were white with colored butterflies that were in no particular pattern. There was a small end table with a lamp and digital alarm clock, and to the side was a small walk in closet. I dropped my backpack by the end table and laid my suitcase down on the other side of my bed. My suitcase had all of my clothes and my backpack had all of my assorted junk that I wanted to have for the next five months. I changed out of my jeans and put on some polka dotted pajama pants from my suit case. I pulled off my shirt so I was just wearing my cameo and pajama pants, aka my sleepwear. I went into my backpack and took out a small stuffed animal of a cat and put it on the end table; cats were my favorite animal. Also I took out a book I had been reading. I got my brush and brushed my hair before walking to turn off the light. I then slid into bed and drifted straight to sleep.

In the morning I will meet the cast.

---

A/N: I'm so proud of myself for doing my first update within the first week! I thought of some really cute things to put in here, so be prepared.