Chapter 8 ● Silky Smooth

A/N: SORRY FOR THE ULTIMATE DELAY. You guys telling me to update is my modivation to write. School is over, so I'll be able to update more frequently. Enjoy this chapter.

---

•Kayla•

"Is your hair always this soft?" Rob asked from behind me.

I took a piece of my hair between my own fingers.

"It's usually much softer after I take a shower," I said and took a bite of my Lucky Charms cereal.

"Really..." He whispered, brushing my hair with his fingers. I could hear the amount of interest that resonated in his voice. I turned around to look at him, and sure enough, there was his puppy dog face.

I turned around and leaned back into his knees, fighting a smile.

"You have to wait until it fully dries though. Get past the bad humidity frizz I get."

"I'll wait." He said stroking my hair again.

This time I smiled. "Okay." I stood up and walked to the kitchen to rinse my cereal bowl and spoon and put them in the dishwasher.

"I'll take a shower now." I said while drying my hands. "It will give my hair all day to dry."

I gave one last look to Rob before walking up the staircase to my bathroom.

I heard him reply "Okay" to my back as I disappeared from his sight.

---

I gathered my bathroom toiletries from my room and headed down the hallway to the bathroom. I locked the door and stripped out of my clothing.

Only now did I get distracted by the amazing decor and style of this mansion. Not only was it twice the size of my bathroom at home, but the shiny tile and polished mirrors made it almost too much.

I glanced at myself in the mirror for half a second. What did I do to deserve this?

When I see myself in the mirror, I see a normal girl.

When other people see me, they see a well known celebrity.

What does Rob see when he sees me? What does he see that others don't? Maybe I'll never know.

I tore myself away and turned on the water. It gave me shivers as it ran down my back.

Now that I think about it, what does Rob see in me?

Two weeks into the relationship am I already doubting his feelings for me?

Of course not, I shook my head. He wouldn't.

After I was finished with my routine, I turned off the water and dried myself with a towel. I squeezed out my long, now sleek dark brown hair, and dried it too.

Wrapping the towel around my abdomen, I went back to my room and put on my pajamas. Reaching into my backpack, I grabbed some flannel pants and an oversized t-shirt.