Chapter 3 ● Good Morning

A/N: I'm experimenting with different ways to set up my writing. When you see bolded letters with either •Kayla• or •Robert• that indicates who's point of view the story is being told in.

---

•Kayla•

I woke up to the bright sunlight shining through my window. My eyes fluttered open as I glanced at the clock on my end table. 8:14 AM. I heard clanking of pans and plates downstairs.

Crap. They're already up? This is a really bad first impression.

I practically fell out of my bed, taking the covers with me and reached for my suit case. I dug out a white and black patterned shirt and black jeans and quickly changed into them. I brushed my hair and grabbed my bathroom bag to start my daily routine.

---

•Robert•

"Theo, are you sure there was another person coming?" I asked while eyeing him in the kitchen. He came out with two plates in his hands stacked of pancakes and french toast and set them in the middle of the table.

"I think she got here last night," He nodded his head twords a pair of black laced boots that were neatly put by the front door.

"She's probably still sleeping upstairs. She had to of gotten here after 1 AM," Kristen added while grabbing a pancake from the stack.

I started contemplating on what the new girl was like. For all I knew, she could turn out to be the complete nuisance of this household. But I couldn't make any predictions. I took some french toast off the stack and put it onto my plate.

There was an awkward silence among us before we heard soft thumping behind us that indicated that someone was coming down the stairs. I looked up from my plate to see the new girl standing at the top of the stairs.

We watched her intently as she cautiously made her way twords the table.

As she got closer I could notice that she had dark brown hair with bangs that covered her left eye. She wore a white patterned shirt that was tied at the bottom and around her neck she wore several charms attached to a necklace. The charms jingled as she went down the stairs and started walking twords where we were sitting at the table. She looked like Kristen in a way, but had her distinctions.

•Kayla•

As I approached the table, I introduced myself in the most cheery voice I could find at the moment, "Hi! Sorry I got here so late, I'm Kayla Rosslyn."

They all smiled at me and the girl who was siting at the table motioned for me to join them.

The girl who motioned at me spoke first, "I'm glad you found the place okay, I'm Kristen Stewart. And this is Theo, and Robert." She motioned to the two men sitting at the table. The man called Theo reached across the table to shake my hand, while the one called Robert nodded at me in approval.

This was going better then I thought, I was making a good impression after all.

"Help yourself to some breakfast, Kayla. Theo made it in celebration of the start of our first day together," Kristen said while taking a bite of her pancake.

I smiled and took a plate and put some french toast on it.

The three of us kept fluent conversation that morning. They asked about where I was from and which movies I was in. Nothing too nosy.

At first I felt like I recognized Kristen and Rob from somewhere. I realized that they're the stars from Twilight. I was a huge Twilight junkie. Much like many of the girls in this world. Back then it was one of my dreams to meet them. I've sort of let that dream pass over time. It was totally unrealistic for someone as gorgeous as Rob to be single.

I was pulled from my thoughts when Kristen rose and walked into the kitchen to wash her plate. I took my plate and followed after.

Robert

It was only now when I realized that I had been staring at Kayla for basically the whole morning. I stared after her as she disappeared into the kitchen with Kristen. I ran a hand through my hair and stared at the wall. Theo narrowed his eyes at me and turned around to look back at Kayla.

Dammit. She's cute.

---