Chapter 7 ● Second home

•Kayla•

"YOU WHAT!?"

I pulled my phone a distance away from my ear. I had my best friend, Brandi, on the phone.

"You heard me."

"I can't believe it." She sighed. "My little Kayla all grown up. And with a boyfriend!"

I huffed angrily, "Just because you're a year older than me doesn't mean you can call me little. But it's true, we're official as of yesterday."

"Oh I'm so happy for you! But you haven't told me who he is yet."

"Oh," I trailed off. I was hoping I didn't have to say that part.

"His name is..."

"Yeah?"

"His name is Robert Pattinson."

Next came an ear splitting scream. I pulled the phone away from my ear again until it was silent.

"Are you serious?" She started accusing.

"Yes."

"You're not kidding?"

"Would I ever lie to you?"

"Oh. My. God. You're dating Edward Cullen!"

I sighed. "Brandi, I'm not dating Edward Cullen. I'm dating Rob. Robert Pattinson. Someone better than Edward."

She laughed, "I would expect nothing less from you."

I rolled my eyes, "You know, if you didn't want me to tell you, I wouldn't of. But I'm only telling you because of that promise in highschool."

"Yes, I remember," She gave in. "You would update me on your relationships so I wouldn't be able to steal him away from you."

"Yeah, because you had basically every guy in the school on their knees begging for your attention."

"But I don't see this being a problem. He loves you, doesn't he?"

I blushed slightly at the thought. "We haven't actually said it yet."

"That's okay, you'll get there eventually," I could imagine the look of serenity on her face. Brandi may be intimidating, but she was supportive at the same time.

Suddenly I heard the front door open and Rob come in. I was sitting on the staircase, thankfully out of sight.

"Kayla! Love!" I heard him call.

"I have to go," I rushed out and clicked the end call button before she could respond. I shoved my phone in my jeans pocket and traveled down the stairs to meet Rob.

His back was turned twords me as he put a bag of groceries on the counter. I came up behind him and tickled his back.

"Hey," I greeted, smiling up at him.

He turned around to look at me and smiled back.

"Hey," He replied. "As soon as I finish putting away the groceries we'll get going."