The Way It Works

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Jack comes down the stairs whilst I'm in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Morning" he says as he grabs me round the waist and hugs me from behind.

"Hey, where's Willow?" I ask.

"Sleeping" he answers.

"Ahha" I say, then he leans in and kisses me. As he pulls away he whispers,

"Mmmm, I love bacon" then he winks and turns on his heels. "I'm gonna have a shower"

"Okay" I call up the stairs after him. Then someone knocks loudly on on the door,Willow wakes up and starts to cry.

"One sec" I call to whom ever is at the door then I run upstairs and pick up willow out of her cot. I can't believe she's only a month old. Then I remember the door and still holding Willow I open it.

"MYA!" My mums voice shouts.

"Mum, Dad?" I'm shocked even though I knew they were getting flown in.

Standing behind them are Jacks parents, Jon and Ellie.

"Oh my god! I'be missed you so much! Are you all okay?" I cry with joy.

"We're fine" my dad smiles. Then Willow lets out a small hiccup to let everyone know she'a here.

"Oh my" my mum stutters then chokes on her words.

"Shea called Willow" i say with a smile. then we go quiet as everyone stares.

Ellie breaks the silence.

"Guys can we go in, I'm dying for a cup of tea" I laugh and then step back to let everyone through. I hand Willow over to my dad and I see a tear in his eye. As all the adult and Ellie fuss over Willow, I run upstairs and find Jack in our bedroom. He's wearing trousers and is currently topless. I had forgotten how physically fit he actually was, six pack and all.

"What you staring at?" He asks me.

"Nothing" i laughing. "You'll never guess who's down stairs?" A tint of excitement in my voice.

I help him pull a shirt over his head and then take it off again.

"You can't wear that, it's dirty." I say and then slide a clean one onto him.

"Who's downstairs? The queen?" Jack jokes.

"Come find out" I say.

Then we walk down stairs and I see Jacks face light up. I leave him to catch up with everyone and I go to make tea. I bring it back in and see Jack holding Willow once more.

"Oh Mya, She is simply perfect." Jacks mum says. I smile and then Sit down next to Ellie.

Then we spend the rest of the evening talking about things, catching up, what we've missed, and most importantly, wedding plans.