Chapter 9

Danielle's POV

It's been weeks since I've talked to him. I thought maybe he doesn't want me. After that day, I knew he was a different person. That kiss was a huge wow. But I couldn't quite understand why he's so distant from me. All of a sudden he had stopped communicating and made sure his distance was far from where I was. I would leave messages and calls for him to listen or read to. The way I had seen him now instead of before, the way he had seen me, showed that he wants nothing to do with me. I mean yes we've hung out a couple times before , but I've never wondered why he'd stop interacting with me. Did I do something wrong? Did we do somethings wrong ? Maybe we moved too soon?

He wasn't far from me when I followed him into the woods right after school. I saw the way he paced back and forth, the way he lifted his eyebrow as if he was thinking. He looked worried. I decided to walk up to him and see what he was up to. To make sure that he was okay and needed someone to be there for him.

As I took a few steps forward, he quickly turned around and stared at me. It was the longest stare I've ever witnessed. But it wasn't the lovely state he gave me when we're up on the Farris wheel. I was deeply confused.

"H--Harry.. Are you oka-" I ask in curiosity.

"Yes Danielle , I'm fine. You can leave now." he says harshly.

"What the hell did I do Harry . You seem so distant from me as if I did something terrible ! As if we did sow thing terrible! Do you not remember our promise of getting to know each other? Do you not like me ? Do you love me?" I screech out.

Not another word spoken into the cold air. He gave me another stare, not the one where he just gives me a blank look. The one that expresses hunger. A hunger for something or someone.

It's been minutes since I've talked and just finally he decides to speak.

"Danielle. I've been wanting to tell you how I really feel about you lately.."

Oh shit. What's he going to say? Will he hate me for being just a friend? Or maybe something more? I just really hope he cares as much as I care for him, I thought.

"I-- I want you to leave and to never talk to me again. I don't want to be friends with you. I don't want to be more. That kiss was an accident. It was never meant to happen. I don't want to get to know you. Promises aren't something that I believe in. It's something you'll never understand."

I gave him a look . A bitch look. I hated him. I was right, I should've trusted my instincts about him. He wasn't worth my time.

"I HATE YOU. YOU'RE A FUCKING BITCH HARRY. I SHOULD'VE NEVER TRUSTED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE! Don't even try talking to me. Ever if you fucking change your damn mind." I scream out.

"Danielle I'm sorry , it's just that you'd never understand why I'd have to do this. "

Tears were streaming out of his eyes one by one. Leaving me confused but angry. I didn't want him to come near me or ever lay one eye on me. I hated the world only thinking that he could save me from drowning, but I was wrong. And now I hate him.

With that I didn't say a single word . Leaving him there in the woods was the best I could think of , while uncontrollable thoughts have floated into my head replaying what had just happened. I let tears drip down my face as I felt a hand on my shoulder. And it was him once again. As I looked into his eyes, he was hurt and so was I , myself.

He picked up his arm and landed a hand into my face as a sign of comfort and slowly drifted closer to my face. And I knew this was it. I knew that he would finally let out how he really felt. He gently pressed his lips onto mine, causing me to grab onto his curls on his head as he puts an arm around me. And I loved every part of this. Something memorable.

He gave up the way he really felt by giving me that one special kiss. Something simple , yet lovely. We were inseparable.