Red Roses

-Alfred-

The faint sound of yelling was echoing around the streets as Alfred wandered home, passing a few empty fields with rubbish scattered across them.
"I hope I wasn't too harsh on him..." he watched as his breath formed little clouds and evaporated into the air.
There was a thud as a car door closed, a couple stepping out of a car, hands tangled together, bright smiles glued on their faces. Alfred felt a pang of jealousy for the look in their eyes. He banished that feeling, knowing he shouldn't feel that way. They turned off into a small house after a minuite or so of being glared at.
Arthur had a special place in Alfred's heart. They were close friends and nothing was going to come inbetween them, right? He would never forget Arthur's cute little smile and the way his shoulders shook when he laughs or even his look of concentration when he's reading. The sudden realisation hit him. His cheeks burnt scarlet and he stopped dead in his tracks. He was... what?
Alfred's confusion faded, and was replaced by a soft, warm glow. He smiled gently to himself.
"I guess I was wrong after all."

-Arthur-

Arthur wandered to school, not caring about how cold his body was getting. He was just watching his breath form little clouds. A hand gripped the back of his jacket and pulled him off the ground.
"If it isn't little Artie~" Francis was grinning, staring right into Arthur's eyes "awe, what's this? You look like you've been crying..." Arthur struggled against his iron grip, kicking weakly at his leg.
"Put me down you bloody fro-" he could hardly finish his sentence before he was punched in the stomach with such force it left him breathless. Arthur collapsed onto his knees, clutching his stomach. Francis' boot scraped along the side of his head, leaving a trail of blood that slowly ran down his cheek. He was kicked again and a warm feeling rose in his throat. Blood dripped over his lip and off the side of his face. A laugh pierced through Arthur's whole being, filling him with hatred.
"You know, you're weak. Weaker than I thought." He shrugged, his stupid smile still on his face "It won't be soon until everyone hates you," and with that Francis walked away, his hands in his pockets.
"Shi-" Arthur cursed before bursting into a coughing fit, blood splattering his hands. He forced his body to stand and dragged it to the school, he limped around to the smaller yard where hardly anyone was and hid in a corner. He thought he would start crying. But he didn't. He felt nothing but the cold air on his torn skin and a hollow void in his heart.

Arthut recognised soft voices echoing in his head and the feeling of a bandage being wrapped around him. There were doors opening and closing mixed with yelling. Arthur opened his eyes, the familiar hospital lights flickering above him.
Hello?
A silky voice echoed in his head.
I've come to see you, Arthur!
A soft light danced around him, and he reached a hand up to touch it when a doctor scared it away.
"So Arthur Kirkland, you've lost a lot of blood, but other than that there isn't any permanent damage,"
Oh just shut up will you!
Arthur wanted to yell but managed to keep his mouth closed.
"You have a guest Arthur." A nurse poked her head around the door, before opening it fully and showing who was stood behind it.
Arthur's eyes widened. Standing in the doorway, a panicked look on his face, windswept hair with his glasses slightly askew was none other than Alfred.F.Jones.

"It won't be long until everyone hates you,"

Francis' words echoed around his skull. Whatever he was planning, he wanted Alfred out of it.
"Alfred what are you doing here?" Arthur's voice steadily got faster "nonononono! Go home dammit!" Tears welled up in his eyes.
"I don't want to drag you into this!" Alfred ran over to the hospital bed and hugged him, making the tears spill.
"I'm sorry Arthur." Alfred had to force himself not to say anything.
"No, it isn't your fault." Arthur took a deep breath "I just, I'm sorry for being weak and making you worry."