Griselda....?

“It says here that the only way to break the bond, is by visiting a witch called Griselda Meilleure, and she lives in…” he pauses and squints at the screen, as if he is not sure what’s written there, “she lives in a big bog in the middle of Montana… in a large tree.”

I frown, surely he is kidding… I mean, who lives in a tree? Although she is a witch, maybe she enjoys the tree, must not be that hard to clean. What if it gets cut down for paper? I wonder if she has ever found a squirrel in her pants…Wait, what? Focus Mia, focus. Right now you are trying to find a way to break this damn bond.

I glance at the clock and pat Bruiser’s head, he has been sitting here all the while we researched, it is already around 9 at night; I guess we had been studying all day. The only time we paused was to eat and pee, and even then I barely let him out, I only relinquished permission when he said he would pee on me, I mean come on! That’s nasty!

I sigh, and turn to Edward. “It’s getting late and Nick is gone, so I should probably get upstairs before it hits again.” Sadly, the whole situation is like clockwork. Around 9:30-10:00 Nick would go out to find some hooker and I would be hit by the traumatizing pain once more. It would last around 10-15 minutes, depending on how many girls he had, and then it’ll end. He’ll return looking bright and glowing, as everyone in the house avoided me like the plague.

Only Chief, the Twins, Edward and Alex seem to be on my side for this one, although Alex surprised me by saying he wanted to throttle Nick every time he saw his impish little face; oddly, that’s the most comforting thing he has ever said to me.

Trudging up the stairs with Bruiser and Edward hot on my trail, I mull over the newfound knowledge and what I should do with it. Of course I need to confront Chief, and then go to this Griselda lady and get her to break the bond.

Passing by the Twin’s room, I knock swiftly on it, letting them know I’m going to bed so they can join me when the pain hits. Grabbing my pajamas, a pair of boxer shorts and a black tank top, I dash into my on-suite to get changed so I don’t have to change in front of Edward. Yes, he has seen me naked but I’m not going to make a habit of that.

Once changed, I look at myself in the mirror. I look like someone ran over me with a big rig truck, then backed over me again just for good measure. My hair is brittle and flat, my eyes have lost their spark, and my skin is pale and sickly looking. I look like I’m dying, I look like I’m slowly withering away to nothing, and I guess I am.

My other half is cheating on me every night, it’s like my being is trying to rip itself in two, one half saying that I need to please him, the other saying he is a conniving, dolphin licking, butt sniffer.

Okay, maybe not those exact words but you get the point, one side of me loves him, the other hates him, and they’re battling inside me, one always trying to get the upper hand over the other.

“Mimi, you’ve been in there for half an hour, did you die or something?” I hear Josh call softly from the other side of the door, he sounds worried. Plastering a smile on my face, I take a deep breath and open the door.

He is standing unusually close, and the look on his face is a look of pure concern. It’s as if he is really starting to care about you. Shut up me, I don’t need your input.

“I’m fine; don’t worry about me, okay? If I’m screaming then you can concern yourself.” I laugh lightly and pat him on the head as I walk by.

He turns around, and being the pervert he is says, “What kind of screaming, Mimi?” I spin to face him with a scowl on my face and he just winks at me. As I step forward to slap him for being so nasty and for calling me Mimi, Edward pops his head in the room with a smile on his face.