Chapter 4

Outside, all 23 members of our pack are waiting, wondering why I called them all out here. They still have no idea about Nick, I'm fairly sure they could put two and two together at this point. Just by being close to me and doing what he did, he mingled our scents together temporarily so now I smell like him. Not a bad thing though, he smells like strawberries and happiness.

Standing on the front porch, all 23 pairs of eyes turn to me; I shift awkwardly because it feels like they're staring into my soul. It's not like I can tell them to look away, then I would look like a wimp. From the middle of the crowd I a voice calls out, "Get this started already, I'm getting bored." With my anger already at the level that it is, this send me over the edge. Calling out like that in front of the pack while I am about to speak is not only disrespectful, but also a way for young wolves to test the boundaries. Because I am so young, some of them have a hard time listening to me. I pinpoint who it is, and decide to make a lesson out of this.

I step off the porch and address everyone. "The meeting will start right after this." Looking into the crowd, I look once more for the face of the sad sack who yelled a minute ago. His name is Butch, fitting considering he looks like Hulk and Mama Squatch had a baby. He had a flat face, like he ran into a brick wall too many times, and ape-like features. His black beady eyes seemed to stare right through you, and he had hair all over him. So maybe I was lying when I said all werewolves are attractive, maybe 99.9%.

After making my way to him, I beckon at him with my index finger, making him lower down to my height. Once down here, I wind up and punch him straight in the face. He grabs his nose, or whatever is left of it, and howls in pain. Hehe, howls, get it? 'Cause he is a wolf. I think it's clever.

Speaking of wolf, baby Squatch starts convulsing, making it known that his wolf is ready to rip me to shreds for doing what I did. Oh well, I guess it's time for me to whoop some ass, this will teach him not to disrespect me in front of the pack.

I roll my shoulders and stretch out my muscles, knowing that as soon as I'm ready, Butch will want a piece of me, oh silly behemoth. This won't end well...for him. I start peeling off my clothes, I don't want them ripped when I shift, and he does the same. When living with the same werewolves for years, you tend to ignore nudity; it just becomes a part of life.

I ignore the few wolf whistles, hehe get it, because we're wolves... again, jeez I'm on fire today, and continue to strip till I'm standing in my birthday suit and I'm ready to shift. I hear a growl from behind me when someone decided to make a comment about my appearance, oh Nick, calm yourself down.

All of a sudden, I feel the sensation of falling, like the feeling you get when you're coming down from a high jump on a trampoline. It's the feeling I get when I shift, and it's magical. For that split second between forms, you're nothing but a spirit, an essence in the air, until you land as a wolf.

I hear a gasp from Nick; I guess he doesn't know about my wolf. I'm not like other she-wolves. I'm much bigger than Alphas and I'm stark white with red paw prints all over me. No, not all wolves are coloured like me, in fact, all wolves but the original bloodline appear like over-sized normal wolves.

You see, since I am so closely related with the wolf spirits, considering I'm directly related to the creator of our species, my colouring comes from different aspects of the spirit wolf. I'm white because that is the colour of the almighty wolf spirit, the first one of our kind. The red paw prints come from every wolf I have killed; so in a way, I'm still connected with their spirit, and from there I draw more power. It's like once they die, they dip their paw in their blood and brand me with it. A bit of every soul I take becomes absorbed into my body. With every wolf I kill, I get stronger. The first time I killed a wolf and a mark appeared, I freaked out, not knowing what it was, I wouldn't shift for weeks, but now it shows my power, and it intimidates others.