In Dorms Chapter Eight

Anthony.

Today is the day. Today are the tryouts for the football team. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, I still don't know who the fuck is the captain, but I heard he's super nice though. I promised Ian I would change, but I still wanted to be on the team, long before I started to change.

I sat alone in the locker room. After my chat with Ian, I went straight to Ryan's room and told him that I didn't wanted to hang out with him or his zombie clan anymore, that's the reason I'm alone. Playing solo isn't that bad, I just miss the feeling of people surrounding me.

I heard the whistle. I took my equipment and walked outside to the field. I saw a guy, who I suppose is a senior, because I've never seen him on my homeroom, with a notepad on his hand.

"Okay! Everyone! Make line." And the whistle again.

"I'm going to take the assistance. As soon as you hear your last name, you give a step to the front and answer me. The captain will be here soon. I'm Gary Powell, Offensive Guard for you."

I heard Ryan's last name, deep, very deep inside me I hope he makes it to the team, heard he's been training since last summer but never got a place on the team. Yeah, I hope he does, after me... I guess. Also, I'll confess, that I want to impress Ian, Mari thought that I'd be a good idea,

"Padilla." Gary's strong voice made me snap. I took a step to the front as I was told and with a straight face, answered with my strongest voice, without yelling. "Here sir."

I noticed girls on the stands. The cheerleaders were also there, but for the first time, I really didn't wanted to send them flirty smiles, wink at them or just stare at they. I wasn't interested anymore. I kept my head straight, I heard some gasps, the girls started giggling. What?

I turned my head, just to see Ian and a tall guy with the team's uniform.

Ian.

I started to feel nervous for real. Both of h¿them stopped at the other side of the field. Who the fuck is that guy with his arm around my Ian? The guy, who was talking excitedly to Ian turned his head, now I could see that that was clearly Jamie. I gritted my teeth. Jamie pointed to the stands, Ian nodded, he was about to leave when Jamie took is arm at with the same impulse, he brought Ian to his chest. He whispered something on Ian's ear, Ian blushed. I wish I could make Ian blush instead of make him annoyed. 

I was fully glaring at them. I don't care who noticed, If stares could kill, Jamie would be lying on the floor by now. They kissed- he kissed Ian. Ian's eyes widened. 

Now MY day was ruined. I turned my head, not wanting to see anymore of that. 

I noticed Ryan staring at me. He was confused, apparently.

"Okay, the tryouts start officially now." It was Jamie talking. I looked out for Ian, he was sitting alone in the stands. I turned to Jamie again. He was scanning the line, his eyes opened in surprise when he saw me, but soon that look disappeared and he smirked.

I could tell already that Captain Dickhead was going to make this practice, as pleasurable as he could playing with me.

"Everyone, ten laps to the field." That was easy. I stared to run when Jamie's voice stopped me.

"Padilla, why don't yous how your girls over there what can you do? Huh."

He laughed dryly. "Thirteen laps for you." He smiled innocently at me.