Begin Again

Every day after that one eventful night, Ren had visited you and brought you love and affection with him. He always said kind things and he kissed you on your nose when you were least expecting it. You knew it was the most wrong thing to do, but you still enjoyed being by his side. You were fully convinced that the Resistance wouldn't do a thing about you and would never rescue you and you didn't dwell on the fact that you had to choose between right or wrong. But for now, you could deal with wrong.

Although you were still a prisoner, and a valuable one at that, Ren had to be aggressive to you in public, but still the two of you had a secretive love nobody knew about. If Supreme Leader Snoke learned about the relationship between you two, you knew Ren wouldn't live to see another day. But yet, you wondered what would happen if Leia or Rey came back for you. What would you say? What would you do?

Betraying Leia and Rey and all of the Resistance is a bad idea, since they're your friends and you always thought of them as family. But yet, you loved Ren so deeply that you were blinded by his bad deeds. If you betray Ren, he might never forgive you, and he was obviously the one that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. Stricken with a torn feeling, you held your head in your hands. You had no idea what to do, but you decided that not thinking about the idea gave you relief.

One day, Ren walked in, taking off his mask. He walked over to you and sat down, explaining his long and tiresome day. You listened with a delicate smile, glad he could come to you for any problems he wanted to talk about. But one day, he didn't visit you. He didn't even come in to kiss you or tell you what was happening. You heard multiple booms and the ship rocked back and forth, and you stumbled around your cell blindly as the power was cut off. You screamed in a sudden fear, afraid of what was happening. Was Ren okay?

You decided to try and open the doors with the Force, and you managed to do so since the power was shut off. You ran out into the dark hallways, searching for any life. You saw stormtroopers up ahead and ran past them. They spotted you and chased after you, shouting commands and alarmed yells. You sprinted to the control center, but before you could do so, the lights turned back on and there was a familiar face standing in front of you. You sighed relief and wanted to hug Ren, but there were stormtroopers all around you, pointing their guns at you. Ren commanded they put the guns down and Ren took you firmly by the arm, trying to pull you away from something.

"What's going on, Ren?" You ask him, concerned. He looked down at you, imagining his handsome face through the mask. He said in a cold, metallic voice, "We just hit a meteor field. Don't worry, I need you to hide in here." He directed you to an escape pod and you frowned at him, but suddenly the ship rocked side to side once more, causing you to stumble. He reached out to grab hold of you, but then you heard a voice that brought many memories to your mind.

"[Y/N]!"

You faced the other side of the hallway, seeing Rey and Leia, along with Chewie. Ren cussed loudly, and Chewie roared at Ren, pointing his crossbow at him. Leia marched up, shoving you behind her, away from Ren.

"Get away from her, Ben!" She said angrily, and all of a sudden the world became still for you. What was happening? Who's Ben?

You watched Leia from behind and Ren stare at her through his mask, and slowly he said, "No. I can't afford to lose someone I love."

Ren grabbed your arm, and Leia stood there in shock. "What?"

Leia looked at you and Rey looked you in the eyes, disbelief filling hers. Chewie made a sound of sudden surprise and Ren pulled you into his arms, holding you close. He backed up a few steps, and Leia muttered, "[Y/N], is this true? Are the two of you. . in love?"

You, not used to lying to someone you respect so highly, nodded. You dropped your head, knowing that you made the wrong choice. Leia looked away, backing up a few steps. "I told you not to interfere with the Dark side."

Rey suddenly snapped at you, "He's only using you to get answers! He doesn't care about you, he only cares about destroying the Resistance. Please, [Y/N], don't make the wrong choice. Come back home with us."

Ren angrily put you aside, his lightsaber turning on and he raised it to strike down on Rey, but suddenly Chewie shot at him, capturing him in the chest. Ren grasped at his chest in pain and fell to his knees, and you had to choose quick.

You chose Ren.

You helped him up, running into the escape pod. Rey screamed your name, Chewie yelling and reaching out, but it was too late. You had already set the pod to leave and the door swung shut, blasting the pod off into the space. You controlled the ship as Ren bled out, setting it on autopilot for a nearby planet. You ran over to him, tending to his wound. You pulled off his mask, setting it aside. He kept groaning in pain, his gloves red. You took off his clothes, leaving him shirtless, of course leaving his pants on. You dampened a rag and took care of the wound, helping him and holding his hand.

When the two of you got on the mysterious planet, it landed softly and you look at him, who was slowly regaining his consciousness.

"Ren." You say softly, kissing his lips and leaning back, your eyes full of care and love.

"Please, let's run away. We don't have to deal with any more of this, no more wars and no more hatred. Let's just run away and be a happy, regular couple, living together."

He smiled, caressing your cheek and staring up at you with his warm, yet cold, inviting eyes.

"I'd like that."

And, so, this was a new journey for the two of you.