Abandoned

"[Y/N]." Said a feminine voice and you blinked back into reality, looking over. You were standing in front of the ship you were supposed to be leaving on in an hour, and Rey had awoken you from your deep thoughts. She put a hand on your shoulder, handing you your lightsaber. It was [Fav/Col.], which was your favorite color and you held it dearly to your heart, feeling incomplete without it. You gripped it and stared at it long and hard before breaking your gaze from it. You looked into Rey's eyes, smiling a little uncomfortably. "I don't know if I can do this, Master." You say, and Rey laughed gently. "I believe in you, don't be in doubt."

You felt a little better, knowing that Rey could always make you feel better in even your worst times. She suggested to go say goodbye to some close friends and then go watch the sunrise, to which you agreed to.

The two of you set off in the same direction, looking around for Finn. Of course, he was sitting by Leia and talking to her gently about the First Order, and you and Rey waited patiently until they paused to interrupt. You hugged Finn, holding him close. In a way, he was like an older brother and was very caring to you, always joking and laughing with you. You hoped this wouldn't be the last time you see him.

Leia said she'd say her goodbyes when the two of you leave, so you and Rey go to find Poe and a few others. When the two of you all wished goodbyes, you walked outside. Rey sat down on the balcony and you sat next to her, feeling a gentle breeze as you watched the sun peek over the beautiful mountains. You felt tranquility and peace, but still the unease in your stomach wouldn't leave whatsoever.

"So, your first real mission. I'm proud of you." Rey laughed and you joined in, blushing and rubbing the back of your neck.

"I don't know if I'm really ready yet, what if I mess up?"

Rey looks at you, surprised. "You're one of the most strongest people I know. The Force is really strong within you, I'm sure you won't mess up. All you have to do is follow my and Leia's orders and you'll be fine."

You nod slowly and stare out at the sunrise, watching as it hovered slowly above the mountains and disappeared behind the clouds.

An hour later or two, you both headed to the ship with your bags in hands. You only needed a little, including water and food, but Leia had also given you fake and authentic stormtrooper armor and all the information you both need to get in successfully. Your heart raced as you watched Rey walk into the ship and she looked back at me, but I ran and quickly hugged Leia and Chewie, slowly backing up.

"May the Force be with you." Leia says, and Chewie added in a sound of agreement. You smile, returning the good luck wish and you ran into the ship, it closing up after you ran inside. You sat down and you and Rey put the headsets on, the ship starting up and beginning to take off.

And just like that, you took off into the sky. Eventually, the two of you heard Leia's voice and you told her you could hear her fine, happy that the mission was going so well. You practiced fighting for a little while until you had to dress into the stormtrooper armor, laughing and joking with Rey and taking it lazy.

The ride went smooth until you saw a First Order base come up into sight. You widen your eyes and stare at it, but you were quick to notice something very bad.

The planet their base was on was circled in a meteor field. You look at each other and look back at the field, trying to dodge as many meteors as possible. Rey commanded you go take safe shelter and she'll figure it out, so you did what she said and went to the opposite end of the ship.

But then you hit turbulence and the ship shook furiously, and you could hear Rey's panicked voice in the headset.

"[Y/N]! We're going down! I'm going to try to bring us back up!"

But it was too late, and the ship broke in half, caused by a meteor. You screamed as the sudden wind tried to pull you out of the ship, but you grabbed onto something. You could hear Rey's scream too, and her last words were, "I'll come back for you, I promise!"

And then it all faded to darkness.

When you came to your senses, you could feel a throbbing headache and noticed immediately your face was dirty and you could see perfect greenery. Apparently you lost your helm in the process of landing, and you pressed your armored fingers to your forehead, seeing red on your fingertips. You sighed, sitting up and looking around.

The ship was crashed and burning, causing a fire to be spread all around, smoke billowing into the cloudy sky. Surely you'd be hunted down by now, but you had no idea how long you were out, so the First Order could be here any moment. You get up, wary and falling back to your knees with a grunt of pain. Every single body part ached and you didn't want to stand or move your head, instead you felt like throwing up. You found your lightsaber, luckily, and you held it close, remembering something that you couldn't afford to lose.

You looked down, pulled out the opal necklace your mother gave you. You smiled, happy it wasn't lost or ripped up. You put it back in your shirt and stood up, balancing yourself on a nearby tree and you tried to contact someone-- anyone.

You couldn't get anything but static so you tossed the headset off, rending it useless. You sighed angrily, not knowing what to do. But before you could figure something out, multiple footsteps sounded all around you and you saw stormtroopers gathered around.

It seemed like a sense sort of thing, since one of them yelled, "Grab her!" and you pulled out your lightsaber, steadying yourself and aiming at the nearest one, threatening to strike him. Before you could actually do it, though, you were suddenly forced against a tree by an invisible presence. You struggled to move, but you saw a cloaked, black figure make your way and stare you in the face with his mask.

"A Jedi could only have that sort of weapon. Who are you?" He demanded loudly, and you felt a choking presence on your neck. You coughed, a warm, salty fluid flowing from your lips. "I-I'm. ." You tried to speak, but you were too weak and the blood leaking from your mouth was so painful and disgusting, your senses were temporarily blinded.

And before you could pass out again, you murmured your own name, "[Y/N]. ."