3.

I searched through the crowded hall filled with hormonal teenagers, looking for Kate Marsh. I still didn't know what I was gonna say to her if I did find her.

As I was looking around, walking around aimlessly, I bumped into somebody, "Sorry!" I exclaimed when I looked at her, my eyes widening when I realized who it was. "Chloe fucking Price?" I whispered, confusion swirling through my head as I looked at her, still unsure if she was real or not.

Like her hair, her eyes were a big bright shade of blue - except the color of her hair was a sort of electric blue. Her short hair was stuffed in her beanie, just like the last time I saw her. She gave me a quick wave as she started off in the other direction, leaving me in the hall with my mouth opening and closing like a fish.

It's been so long..

I shook my head and tried to get myself out of the daze I put myself in. I caught sight of Kate making her way to another corridor, so I pushed past a little more in an effort to speak with her. A flash of purple stepped in front of me, so I froze in place, Alyssa's gaze burning into me. "Morning, Alyssa." I said to her, raising an eyebrow at her abruptness.

"Why're you trying so hard to get to Kate, Theo?" Very frank of Alyssa, as always.

I sucked in a breath, answering, "I just need to talk to her, that's all." I tried not to make my burning cheeks look so obvious.

Alyssa narrowed her eyes at me, poking my chest as she continued to glare me down, "Whatever it is you're planning, Theo, Kate doesn't deserve it." The tone in her voice was frighteningly serious, but I was aware of how protective Alyssa was of her. She was one of Kate's best friends, and like Kate, she had bad history with the Vortex Club. "She's a good person, and she would never do anything to hurt you or anybody else. I bet you watched that stupid video, didn't you?" Alyssa snapped at me, still poking my chest.

I gently took her hand and pushed it away, replying, "Alyssa, I don't know what you take me for, but I'm the last person you'd expect to be watching anything with explicit content."

"Are you saying Kate's explicit?" Alyssa seethed, the venom in her voice uncanny and uncalled for. "Theo, I'm warning you; if you lay a finger on her, you're gonna regret it."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Alyssa, I promise you, I care about Kate as much as you do." I licked my bottom lip and continued, "Now if you're worried I'm going to hurt her somehow, let me know, okay? I'll step out of the way immediately when you do."

Alyssa considered this, seeing that her gaze softened significantly and she let me look for Kate. I waved her goodbye quickly, but not before hearing her say, "You better not hurt her, Theo."

I turned briefly, answering promptly before leaving, "I promise."

- - - - -

I searched everywhere and I couldn't find her anywhere in the building, she must've gone to Ms. Grant's class right after Mr. Jefferson's photography class. Just as I pushed the door open, jamming a hand in my pocket, the fire alarm went off. I turned around, appalled by the swarm of students who were suddenly pushing towards the exits. I made a beeline towards the campus lawn several meters away from the exit, jogging to get away from the swarm.

"Christ," I muttered, shocked by how sudden the drill was. "What the hell was that all about?"

I heard the sound of my name being called to my left, so I turned and grimaced when I saw Caleb and Sam waving me over to where they sat. I looked around to see if I could spot Kate anywhere, but the campus grounds were starting to fill with more people, so I shook my head, giving up on the idea of talking to her that day.

-

A/N: You guys, I'm so sorry this update was so short, but I literally have no time to write, let alone update these days.. I know this was more of a filler, but this was more of a chance for up you to get to know Theo a little better, as well as his relationships with the other students in Blackwell.

Alyssa's an underrated angel, legit nobody talks about her what the hell

Welp, that's all for now, I guess! Bye :P

-LGGH AKA Atticus