BONUS - it's a date!

(HAVE A LISTEN TO SHIVER BY KOETHE; HIS LIFE IS STRANGE INSPIRED MUSIC IS AMAZING - THIS SONG ISN'T LIS INSPIRED THO BUT I FEEL LIKE IT SUITS THEO AND KATE; side note, this takes place after Chloe's funeral.)

"What do you think?" I asked Evan, fixing my collar and turning to face him. I waited for the scrutiny, but all I could see were wide eyes on his end.

Evan arched an eyebrow, "A tux? On a first date?" Evan deadpanned. "This place better be worth-"

"I'm taking her to The Two Whales," I blurted out, my cheeks reddening in embarrassment. Evan pressed his lips together in an attempt to hold in a laugh, but he failed miserably. "I like The Two Whales, okay? Why are you still laughing?" I stammered, my cheeks and neck reddening uncontrollably at this point.

Evan cleared his throat, walking over to me and pulling off my blazer. "It's fine that you want to take her to the Two Whales, man. It's just. I thought this was a casual date?"

I blinked at him, turning around to look at myself in the mirror. "Fuck," I muttered.

"Hey," Evan said, clapping my shoulder. "Theo, you'll be fine. Just.."

"Lose the tux?" I suggested.

"Lose the tux," Evan said in agreement.

I sucked in a deep breath and undid my bowtie, unbuttoning my white shirt and tossing it on the bed. "What should I wear then, Mr. Zoolander?" I grinned at Evan, averting his eyes when I saw the faint notion of a blush on his cheeks. The smile on my face fell when I remembered that Evan was, in fact, gay and that what I was doing was low-key teasing him. "Right, sorry," I mumbled, grabbing the nearest shirt I could find.

"It's fine, just. Keep it casual, Theo," Evan said, clearing his throat, "Have you got any baseball shirts lying around?"

I sucked in my bottom lip, heading to my wardrobe and grabbing my Dodgers shirt. "Better?" I asked as I held the shirt against my chest.

Evan looked into the mirror at me, grinning, "Much, much better. Lose the trousers, throw some jeans on, and bam! You're ready to go. Don't even fucking think about going anywhere near your disgusting khakis."

I snorted, giving him a small smile in thanks. "So, Caleb, huh?" I stated.

"I haven't told him," Evan said matter-of-factly. "He'll think I'm a.." Evan heaved out a sigh, "..faggot.. for liking guys."

I sighed, clearing my throat. "As annoying as Caleb can sometimes be, he would never stoop that low. Besides, he's bi, so why would he?"

Evan's eyes widened, a glint of relief in his eyes, "H-he is?" Evan stammered.

I smirked, nudging his shoulder as I walked him towards my room door. "Don't be afraid to ask him out. Caleb's as single as a Pringle."

"Pringles come in tall cans filled with other Pringles," Evan muttered. This was one of the first times I'd ever seen Evan Harris's confidence waver, so seeing him flustered was a rare occasion I'd want to remember for a while.

I snorted, pointing towards Caleb in the corridor, talking to Sam. Evan's face paled significantly when he saw Caleb, so I gave his back a light push to go forward. "Caleb may not be a Prince Charming, but if he's the type of guy you'd want to date, go for it, E."

After stumbling forward for a second, Evan shot a glare at me, turning around to face me. "He's part of the fucking Vortex Club," he hissed.

"So?" I said. "I am, too. I'm nothing like most of the people in it. Caleb's just a little... misguided. Talk to him; you'll see."