Chapter Twelve

So, here's chapter twelve. Hope you like it, sorry if you don't. Has been a rough couple of days, which hasn't been good for writing, but I still wanted to keep to the schedule I've sort of set for myself. Also, it's a bit shorter than I'd like. I guess you could consider this just a 'filler' chapter, though I'm not 100% sure what that is... Also, I'm going to try and write the rest of the chapters longer.. so I promise it'll get better. :)

Thanks for reading!

 ____________________________

For the next week or so, John and Sherlock's days were rather uneventful. They worked on cases by day and in the evenings they drank tea and played Cluedo. Sherlock had eaten twice since that morning at the crêpe shop, and the violin playing had stopped. Though John had to admit he sort of missed listening to the sound of Sherlock's violin as he fell asleep at night, he was glad that Sherlock seemed to be doing better. It was nice to be able to have a civil conversation with Sherlock without it turning into an argument or with one of them storming off into his room to sulk.

One lazy Sunday morning the two were relaxing in the living room watching some detective show and drinking freshly made tea when Sherlock's phone began ringing. John glanced over at Sherlock, who was laying on the sofa with his eyes closed.

"Sherlock, your phone."

"I can hear it John," he said, still not moving a muscle. John looked down at the phone, which was sitting on the floor in front of the sofa, then back up at Sherlock.

"Are you going to answer it?" Sherlock let out a heavy sigh and reached down to grab his phone. Without looking to see who had called he held the device to his hear and began speaking.

"Sherlock Holmes." There was a pause while he listened to the person on the other end. He sighed again and sat up. "Alright, we’ll be there shortly." He hung up the phone and turned to John. "Lestrade. Wants us to come by his office for something."

"Is it relating to that case with the robbery at the jewelers?" Sherlock sat up and shrugged.

"Perhaps." John nodded, then bent over and began lacing up his shoes. Sherlock stood and went to the window. He looked outside for a bit before turning to go into his room. He came out less than a minute later wearing his signature scarf and coat, and the two of them left the flat.

Soon they were walking through the door of Lestrade's office to see him sitting down with his feet propped up on his desk. When he saw Sherlock and John walk in he greeted them with a warm smile and offered the bag of crisps he was eating to them. They both declined, and he placed the bag on his desk while standing.

"Hello Sherlock, John," he said, clasping his hands together and walking towards them. John  gave him a tight lipped smile, and Sherlock's face remained emotionless. "I'm glad you could make it."

"Just tell me why you called us in," Sherlock said, his tone completely serious. Lestrade nodded his head, then reached behind him and grabbed a file from his desk. He flipped it open and began talking while his eyes skimmed over the papers it contained.

"Well it seems we've gotten a new lead on the case with the jeweler. Apparently there was a witness to the robbery. A man named Matthew Greene. He lives not too far from here. I figured you'd like to help with the questioning." He closed the file and held it out towards Sherlock. "What do you think?" Sherlock stood motionless for a moment, staring down at the folder. After a few seconds had passed the corners of his mouth twitched upwards and he grabbed it from Lestrade's hands.

"What's the address?" He asked after flipping through several pages.

Lestrade opened his mouth to answer but was cut off when Sergeant Donovan came into the room with a distressed look on her face.