Foreword

It was a time of change. An era of revolutions and overthrows, of secessions and unifications. A time of recessions and elections and bloody beautiful football. Electronic music and boy bands, zombies and the coming of winter. The time of dystopian worlds and novels that aimed to be 'Okay? Okay.' The age of reboots and remakes and high functioning sociopaths. There was a Doctor with a bow tie and a Doctor without a bow tie and two incredibly awesome brothers with a pet Angel. The age of rights and discrimination. Of terror and happiness, oppression and Liberty. An age of fear and an age of hope. And it was in this time that I started 11th grade.

The glorious 2010s, the decade of decades. It was a time of change for the world and a time of change for me as I was moving into a new city. My story begins as I sat drooling in the back of my mom's car. In my defence, I was asleep and too bored to care. A bit about myself then, before we begin.

I was born in the city of Calicut (a small little city in India. Vasco da Gama once visited.) on a fair Saturday morning in 1998. At least I hope it was fair, I only have my parents' word to go on and they sort of had their hands full at the time. When I was two years old my family left for the even smaller yet slightly better know country of the United Arab Emirates. When we returned, I was twelve and we were living in a quaint little town out in the middle of somewhere and this, this moment that I was drooling on, was my homecoming.