Boyfriends

Hmm, boyfriends are a topic that every parent speaks to their kids about. Mom says be careful and make sure he'll take care of you, dads say get my shot gun. I'm not saying a six year old should have a boyfriend, I'm just saying if you really like someone go for it. One thing a lot of girls do for their boyfriends is change. They change how they dress or act for the sake of a boy. That's unnecessary and wrong. If someone can't accept you for who you are, it isn't worth it. Your outer appearance shouldn't matter, it's about you accepting who you are.

      If you're confident, guys will like that. If you're someone who doesn't quite fancy make-up, then don't force yourself into it, but if you do like make-up, don't let anyone tell you you're wearing it for attention. Every choice you make is your own, and choosing to look a certain way doesn't make you insecure or desperate. There are enough guys for girls in this world, don't worry about what other girls have. Somewhere out there, your soul mate awaits you. 

         Also don't get too clingy or needy, most guys hate that. If they see you'll do anything for them, they'll take advantage of you. All you do is let them fight for a while and then just say you know what, it won't hurt to try. If your old enough to go on an actual date, don't do anything you're not comfortable with. If your parents don't know you have a boyfriend, don't act awkward if they bring the topic up. If you write about him in your journal, don't leave it all around... else your parents will have the urge to read it. Trust me, mine have.

Lastly, the one big tip on how to get a guy you like is, be yourself. There's no better person in the world to be than you. 

"You need to love yourself and be yourself one hundred percent before you can actually love someone else." Christina Perri.