Chapter 13

•☯Hannah☯•

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I could barely concentrate on my driving, I was so worried. Louis, Niall and I followed the ambulance in Jasmine's jeep as the rest of the boys followed behind us in the escalade. I tried immensely hard not to freak out and cry so I'd be able to focus on the road but my god I was so scared. I mean I know that Jas has a fainting problem because she's told me before about incidences. But I've never been present for any of them so I was so worried.

Like what if this was different from the other times? What if she doesn't become conscious again?

I began to feel tears streaming down my face as the thought of losing my best friend went through my mind.

I didn't even realize how deep in thought I was until Louis brought me back to reality.

"It'll be alright, Hannah." He spoke smoothly as his hand graced the top of my thigh.

His touch made goosebumps run up and down my body.

I was already shaking but the contact that Louis was making with my bare skin was making me shake more rapidly.

He soon noticed this and brought his hand up to my right shoulder as he rubbed it with comfort.

This was a bit less scary in a way and it was definitely comforting me.

I went back to focusing on the road and the flashing blue&red lights in front of me.

We soon reached the hospital and the paramedics wasted no time pulling Jasmine out of the truck and into the ER.

We all rushed out of our vehicles and into the lobby. The lady at the front desk made us sign in on this clipboard thing and told us we could wait in the waiting room across the hall.

We did as we were told and sat in the not so comfy seats that inhabited the waiting room.

Everyone looked so worried and concerned, especially Harry.

"I've never seen him like this." Louis whispered into my ear.

"I've know him the most out of anyone and I've never seen him like this. He's so torn up."

I looked over at Harry and he really did seem torn up. His leg was bouncing rapidly up and down and his hands were cupping his face in worry.

The sight of him like this made me even more distressed then I was before.

I then looked over to Zayn and Niall, Zayn still managed to stay far, far away from Louis and I. Even with the event at hand, you could tell he was still hurt.

The feeling of guilt crept it's way back into me.

Just when I was about to say something to Louis, a doctor approached us.

"Excuse me, but are you all here for Ms. Wellington?" He questioned.

Harry immediately stood up and spoke out an eager "Yes, how is she?"

"I'm afraid that your friend has slipped into a minor coma. She has a vast history of fainting and this has impacted her brain immensely. Lack of food might have something to do with the repeated fainting but there are also many other contributors. She could be just fine within the next few days. With the proper care and attention we could get her to wake up but there are no guarantees that what we do will work. There are even small chances that she may never wake up but we will do everything in our power to get her up." The doctor spoke calmly.

I began to shake again and I didn't even notice the tears pouring down across my face.

This can't be happening. Not now. Not to her. Not to my best friend. No.

"When can we see her?" Harry pushed as he held back his own tears.

"Just follow me." The doctor exclaimed as he led us down a hallway towards a room that read 317.

I was still shaking as we entered but I felt a hand tightly gripping mine as we walked into the room. The hand was Louis' and I needed it more than anything right now.

I could barely walk towards her, she was laying motionless on the bed with a blanket covering her still body. She looked as if she was just innocently sleeping but I only wished that was the case.

Harry was already hovering over her when I approached the bed with the rest of the boys.

I tried so hard not to cry but I really couldn't help it anymore. She was there in front of me.......but she wasn't there at all. My best friend was gone and I don't know if she's ever going to come back.

I couldn't stand it anymore, I just couldn't look at her like this anymore. I hastily let go of Louis' hand and ran out the door. I was speed walking down the endless hallway when I felt arms grab mine.

"Hannah stop!" Louis shouted.

All I did was turn around to him and buried my head into his chest as I loudly sobbed. Tears were soaking up his tight shirt but he didn't seem to care.

Louis brushed my head with comfort as he squeezed me into him tighter.

"Everything is going to be alright, Hannah." He spoke softly.

"You don't know that!" I spat out as I looked up at him, tears swelling up in my eyes.

He pulled me back into him as I sobbed even heavier.

"I know I don't know that, ok. We just need to have faith." Louis whispered, trying to calm me down with his voice.

My hyperventilating was now slowing down as Louis swayed us back and forth, trying to sooth me.

My body began to settle down and my crying began to stop as Louis kept on.

I don't know how he did it, but he managed to call my nerves down.

He never let go of me the whole way back to Jasmine's hospital room. And in that moment I knew that there was no way in hell that I would've gotten through that night without Louis.