Chapter Four-My Nerves

As I return back to class, I'm still questioning everything that just happened. Was it a figure of my imagination? Demons? Yeah right. Ha! I must of hit my head off the bathroom mirror. I walk into Math class.

"Courtney! Where were you? Amanda, Teresa, and I were all looking for you!" Janet said sounding annoyed.

"Um... I think I passed out. I'm not entirely sure where I was." I say. There was no way I was telling anybody what I had hallucinated about. Witches? Demons? Orbs? Ha! I laugh to myself.

"What are you laughing at?" Janet asks.

"Um.. Oh look the teachers here. Better find our seats." I say changing the subject.

"Pop quiz!" Mr. Chase says.

"Awwwww" The class moans.

"Plus! The test counts as 15% of your grade." He states.

"WHAT?!" Everyone exclaims.

"JK as all the kids would say. Just kidding is what that means in case you didn't know." He chuckles. The class moans "It's just a test to see where you are at in math." He passes the test out. Okay, looks easy enough. Question 3. What the heck?! I say in my head. I look out the window to clear my mind for a second. LEO?! Omg, Leo is outside waiting for me. I guess wasn't a dream.

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

The bell rings signalling that school is over. I quickey walk outside over to Leo. I'm about ot reach him just as something hot hits my arm. First I just feel heat on my forearm, then my skin begins to burn.

"Ow!" I yell out in pain. Just then I feel another hot blast of fire on my right shoulder blade. I drop to the ground to take cover, but there was nothing to hide behind. I turn over in my back trying to get some more oxygen better. As I look up I see two figures walking toward me and stop at my feet. "Who, um," I say just has I look at their faces. Red flesh, purple, glowing eyes, with their mouths creeping into a smile showing me their crooked, sharp teeth, and their long, orange hair.

"What are you?" I ask wide eyed.

"You may call us, Mysayé." They answer in unison. "You, Courtney, will answer to us know." They start to reach down to grab me, as a flash of lightening flys toward one of the demons making him fly into the air crashing through a brick wall, making him unconscious.

"No!" The other Mysayé yells. He quickly reaches down and grabs me by my arm pulling me up into the air. Just then I hear a loud zap and the demon that was holding me screamed in pain. He drops me instantly and I land on my back. He grabs his leg and turns around to see who had hit him and his friend with a lightning bolt thing, as do I. Leo.

"Courtney duck!" Leo yells as he fires another lightening bolt at the Mysayé. I take cover and feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up ready to scram if the Mysayé was at me again.

"Leo." I said relieved. "How'd you do that?" I questioned.

"Come on. I'll explain later. We have to leave now. The demons will become conscious again in no time." Leo exclaimed. He looked around relieved that no one was watching, then he orbed us to the Manor I had heard them call it that once.

😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨

Sorry my chapters are so short. It's just when I feel like it's a new "scene" or topic then I feel it should become a new chapter. I don't really think about the length. We'll I hope you enjoyed this chapter! First impression of the demons, Mysayé. What'd you think of them?

~Tia