Chapter One -Killick POV

Disclaimer: I do not own Killirie or any of the characters in this book. Any likeness to anyone, living or dead, is purely coincidental. This is a work of fiction.

Cast list:

 Malorie: MalodorHansen

Killick: kbm1234567

Redheaded Anna theredheadviolinist

Brown Haired Anna TheOtherAnna

Ethan Eagleseye1999

 Monday morning I found myself looking down the hall at a small girl with brown hair. She was new, I was sure of that, because I'd never seen her before. That may sound unrealistic to you, but for me not knowing someone who went to my school was very unusual. If I lived somewhere big, somewhere up North, this would be normal. But I lived in a tiny podunk farming communtiy in rural Utah. We combined three towns to get our high school of somewhere between 400 and 550 kids. So yeah, not knowing someone was pretty uncommon.

The new girl was just that, new and a girl, and that made me uncertain, wary. Why were my eyes drawn to her in the busy hallway? Just as I always did when I was nervous, I played with my necklace. It might've just been my hands or my imagination, but I could've sworn as I looked at her the necklace grew warmer.

I smiled slightly as I thought about what the necklace could do. Everyone was given a necklace when they are born, but this necklace isn't your ordinary charm on a silver chain. Each one is as different as a snowflake and each individual person is different. Most men's are on a thick cord, whereas most women's necklaces are on a small chain of their choosing. The necklaces also have the ability to tell you if your soulmate is nearby. They heat up slightly when you are close by your soulmate or looking at them. My necklace hadn't ever done anything, but there was plenty of time. After all, I was only 16.

"Killick? Anyone in there?" I was jarred from my thoughts by a thump on the head from Garret, my best friend since we met in preschool. 

Rubbing my head where he had thumped it to get my attention, I said, "Jeez guys, what was so important that you had to whack me?"

"Well, Jena just said she liked your shirt and you were too zoned out to reply," Trevor said.

"We told her thank you for you," Ethan chimed in.

"Thanks guys," I said, looking down to see what I was wearing. I was wearing a black tee shirt that said "Pluto-Never Forget 1930-2006," jeans, red and black Nikes (school colors of course), and of course, my necklace. 

My friends returned to talking about what Magic cards they wanted as I zoned out into space again. But before I could get properly zoned out, Bridget poked me in the ribs and told me the bell had just rung to go to class. "Whoops," I said. "Zoned out again." With that I walked off towards my geography class, still thinking about the new girl.