Karasuma Tadaomi || Sequel

Free Talk:

Okay, so I have been receiving some demands to give Karasuma some closure.

You do I know what type of person I am. Do I look like the type of person to give a character some closure?

No. I am not. I'm fabulous. There's a difference.

You have been warned.

Dedicated to The_NYX

Enjoy!

Answer: J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Ruta Sepetys, Rick Riordan, and E.B. White for favorite authors. As for favorite poets, it would be Lang Leav and William Shakespeare. LOL!

Question: Do you like silent readers? Yay or nay?

Karasuma Tadaomi was not okay.

He very much doubted that he will get better anytime soon - if he were to be completely honest with himself.

It was a fact that he had known all along, he supposed. When he actually takes the time to look at a mirror, he could only see a tired and broken man looking back at him. Tired and weary of life.

It would've been okay if his students had been oblivious to what he was feeling. Then again, it would've been better if he didn't have feelings at all. But that would be unfair to everyone, especially to her.  Because she trusted him and she cared for him and she so very much loved him. The least he could do was to grieve and mourn with the company of others - just as she had instructed him all those years ago. But the years had faded away and now he was standing before his students. As capable as they were, he had to remind himself that they were children. They didn't need the emotional baggage - but they were perceptive, as young as they were. Because the way they looked at him said it all.

Even Irina, the usually chirpy assassin was silent in his presence. It unnerved him, to say the least. He had been expecting something more... extravagant and dramatic coming from her - and while it wouldn't help his feelings in the least, he needed the familiarity. The target, who usually had words of wisdom to offer (because he was a teacher at heart, despite the fact that it was hard to believe that he even had a heart in the first place), decided to leave him alone for the time being.

They were giving him space. Time to cope. Time to understand. Time to heal.

Despite the generosity, the Tadaomi could not.

When he looked at his students and fellow teachers, he saw many things. It was not uncommon from his line of profession to be greeted with this sight. Their whole lives were dedicated to something far greater than themselves - the happiness and safety and security of the people in his country and everyone across the world. And that would mean that they shouldered responsibility - responsibility built on the sacrifices they and others have made.

His students' eyes, however young and pure - held many emotions - emotions he was all too familiar with. 

Pity, grief, sorrow, and sadness.

And the reflection of a tired and broken man.

Truly, Karasuma Tadaomi was not okay.

But he should've known. When their secluded campus became too quiet for his liking (something so absurd and incredulous he almost called it a miracle) he chose to completely ignore it and dismiss the idea quickly from his addled brain. He wasn't in the right state of mind to say anything rational anyway.

He chose to ignore the subtle looks, the lingering stares.

He chose to ignore the hushed whispers, the secret meetings after school.