Eren Jaeger X Annie Leonhart

Free Talk:

Dedicated to Kai_Saeki! Sorry for the late birthday gift. I hope this will make up for it.

To my cute little readers, happy holidays everyone! I was thinking of a question and answer portion for each one-shot. This way, I'll know my readers on a personal level. My answer will be in the next one-shot.

Question: Who would be part of your fictional harem?

Without a doubt

Annie loved him anyway

It was hard not to.

For as long as Annie could remember, she had been taught to hate. To hate humanity and all the cruel acts that it has committed. At a young age, she had been tossed into the never-ending cycle of hatred.

She reveled in that darkness - the chaos and the agony and the woe that it brought. All the masks and lies that she had worn for years on end can be hidden in the darkness. She had no need to hide. She could just be herself.

That was what her father taught her. He taught her the beauty in hatred, of the darkness, and the sweet, overdue justice that they deserved.

And that justice will only be served if she took matters into her own hands.

As a result, her hands had been dyed in crimson, her cheeks stained with salty streaks and her heart in millions of pieces. Countless of times she had wondered if it belonged to hers or to the people that she had slain.

She had grown used in the act of killing, she mused. Her heart had hardened over the years and she had learned to turn her head and not see the bloody mess that she had brought upon herself.

She had killed - that much was obvious but it was not a fact that she was ashamed of. The mountain of corpses that she had piled up will only serve as a stepping stone towards achieving her goal. 

Her goal. She had to constantly remind herself. It was not her father's. No, he had passed it down to her sweet, unaware daughter.

And that sweet, unaware daughter will be the one to reap victory in the end.

She had taken the lives of the guilty and the innocent. Friends, comrades-in-arms. She had killed hundreds. Thousands even.

She, however, could not hurt him.

Don't be mistaken. It was not because she lacked skill. During their days as trainees, it was obvious that she had overwhelming potential - enough to rival the famed Mikasa Ackerman. The fool could not even beat his own sister (not that she could blame him, Annie herself had trouble bringing down the Ackerman). Not to mention, she had fought him before. 

In her perspective, it was not even considered a fight. He was too weak... too soft.

And look where that got him. Caught in a battle he was never meant to be part of.

She had countless opportunities to take his life away. But when it came to the finishing blow - the crucial point of every battle, she would freeze.

Her fingers would turn numb and her blood would turn cold. She could never finish what she had started.

She could not understand why though. He will inevitably become a pawn in her game. A disposable, yet necessary one at that.

She had hurt him many times before.

She broke him.

She fought him.

She betrayed him.

She used him.

But underneath it all, she had loved him.

Maybe it was his determination - his curiosity for the world around him - that lead her to having affections for the boy.

Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't.

Like all her capture attempts at the boy, all of her attempts at confessing had been for naught. She had tried on several occasions - one of them being the time wherein he had approached her to teach him her unique fighting style - but her efforts bore no fruit.

After all, fate had always been cruel to her.

But alas, she had to content herself in the fact that she could love him. Despite the hardships that she will have to face, she could - and will - watch him from afar.

History can't be rewritten, she decided. She has many regrets - a few that stemmed from her childhood and some in the present - she was sure that not all of them will be cleared.

But.

But in the grand scheme of things, did it really matter? All the things she could've done... all the things she had hoped and wished for as a child, they were fantasies brought about by the will to ignore reality.

She was Annie Leonhart. 

She had killed and she had loved. Nothing could change that.

But Eren Jaeger... the boy whom she loved so much will meet his end by her own hands. She was too deep in to turn back now. And if it means hurting the one person who might be her own saving grace and salvation...

So be it.

Without a doubt

Annie loved him anyway

 From the beginning

Until the end

The words she could've said

Will follow her to the grave