Kakashi Hatake

Free Talk:

Dedicated to The_NYX! This was from my previous book of one-shots from my old account. It's been edited and a bit different from the old version. So I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

You guys are free to suggest, I have no vendetta towards any opinions you guys might have.

On to the chapter! Also, this chapter is called, "Puppy Love." It's quite fitting isn't it?

Kakashi Hatake was not in love.

Kakashi is - and always will be - that uptight ass who cares about nothing but the shinobi rules and conduct (at least, that's what Obito keeps telling him).

He totally wasn't thinking about a girl who has a certain pair of brown eyes - but unlike Rin who also has the same color, her eyes held some sort of cheerfulness that even Obito can't match. It's less outspoken but it spoke volumes for Kakashi.

He totally wasn't thinking about her brown hair - which shone like weaved gold under the sunlight. He wondered what it would be like to touch it. To let his fingers tangle in the strands and hold her flush against him.

He totally wasn't thinking about her smile, which were always so genuine and - and - and so... Honest. And that was a rare trait among shinobi nowadays. Kakashi was straightforward, yes, but he was in no way honest.

He liked to think that he wasn't thinking about her. But his mind was weird like that. Lying even with the evidence right in front of him.

His shoulders sagged in disappointment. Even when he was awake there was no escape to the madness.

xoXox

"It's puppy love, it's just puppy love," Kakashi muttered under his breath as he made his way towards the training grounds. He was planning to clear his head. It might have been unhealthy to train in a way that one could call obsessive, but Kakashi could literally care less about what others think of him.

So he knew he had every right to look surprised when he saw her doing exactly what he was planning to do.

Iza.

Was training.

Kakashi felt his lips dry. How ironic.

It was cowardly and it went against everything he had taught himself - but he ran away anyways.

It was certainly better than facing her of all people.

xoXox

Kakashi knew he was going insane.

So what if he bought a bouquet of flowers for Iza? So what if he had that sudden urge to just hug and cuddle with her the moment she looked into the Yamanaka flower shop and stared longingly at the forget-me-nots? So what if he decided to leave his newly purchased forget-me-not bouquet on Iza's front door, ring the doorbell and leave without another word?

So what? It didn't mean anything.

Kakashi, don't deny it. It's -  

Kakashi gritted his teeth furiously. 

It's. Just. Puppy. Love.

xoXox

"So~!" Obito sang as he neared the stoic Hatake. Kakashi merely rolled his eyes and ignored the abundant source of annoyance. Obito didn't mind this (or maybe he did but chose to ignore it, either way) as he continued what he was about to say. "I heard you liked Iza."