Midorima Shintarou

Free Talk:

Dedicated to my awesome best friend, DizzyGurlHere!

This is from my old account. To all my loyal and dedicated readers that has stuck with me from the beginning, you know the drill! To those who just skipped the rest of the one-shots to read this one, there's no drill really. Just me constantly reminding my adorable readers to vote and comment.

I'm expecting a Trafalgar Law jacket for this okay Ces? Or is that too much to ask?

"Shintarou-kun, what's your lucky item this time?" I asked curiously at my childhood friend - the one and only - Midorima Shintarou.

Put your hands together everybody. 

Before we continue, let me explain how we, the unlikely duo, ever came to meet. 

Midorima and I were classmates in kindergarten. We weren't friends however. I had a group of friends and Midorima was a loner. Life was simple that way. One sunny afternoon, our teacher handed out some drawings for us to color. I was planning on coloring the grass when I realized that my green crayon was missing. So were a few others but my green crayon was the highest in my list of priorities.

I asked my friends if I could borrow their green crayons, but they all shook their heads. To my growing ire I realized that they were either using their green crayon or they were just like me - crayon-less and borrowing from other classmates. 

I pouted. Figures.

Resigned, I was looking around when I noticed Midorima Shintarou in his own corner using -

Ah-ha!

A green crayon!

But I forgot the reason why Midorima preferred to keep to himself. I skipped to his side and asked if I could borrow his green crayon. He called me ugly (which was totally uncalled for) and told me that he would never let me borrow his things - much less touch it. 

So I burst out crying and the teacher demanded that the two of us explain. After lots of mishaps and other troublesome times, me and the green-haired tsundere became reluctant friends.

Probably not the most romantic thing you have ever heard but whatever.  

Midorima took me a lot of coaxing for him to open up. Even then, you needed a lot of patience to deal with a tsundere like him since he had trouble expressing himself with words. Up to this day, Midorima Shintarou continues to be the most hard-headed person that I know (who still cannot properly express themselves after years and years of constant pushing).

Where was I? Oh right. Midorima shifted uneasily on my couch, almost as if he were uncomfortable with the subject. I frowned when I saw the redness creeping up his cheeks.

I gasped as realization hit me like a ton of bricks. How could I be so slow? "Do you have a fever?" I sat down next to him as I pressed our foreheads together, checking his temperature.

Even though Midorima was a basketball player (and part of the Kiseki no Sedai at that), he wasn't invincible.

Midorima backed away almost instantly, the redness in his cheeks increasing at an alarming rate. "W-What are you doing nanodayo?"

I rolled my eyes as I puffed my cheeks out. "Checking if you have a fever, duh."

Midorima pushed his glasses up with his bandaged fingers uneasily. "I-I'm fine nanodayo."

I frowned once again at his behavior. Why was he so uneasy today? Did I do something wrong?

I bit my lower lip in worry, a childhood habit that never went away with time, not at all noticing the way Midorima's eyes followed the movement.