Chapter 1: Prologue and Introduction

PROLOGUE

TECHNOGOPOLIS, ILLINOIS, May 2nd 2013

In the Garbage landfill across the city of tomorrow, among the mountains of trash awaiting the incinerator, a lone man was running down the road between the trash piles.

On his back was a backpack, which had the markings label "BENSON INDUSTRIES" attached to its side.

The man checked over his shoulder, and then ducked behind a pile of metal trash.

Right behind him a black van roared around the corner following after him.

He quickly dogged and ducked around the trash, trying to lose his pursuers.

He quickly hid behind a garbage truck, and watched as the black van sped on by him.

Breathing a sigh of relief, the man retreated from his hiding place and began heading back to the pile of metal scraps.

When he got there, the man took off his backpack and placed it in the middle of the metal pile of scrap. He then put on a secondary backpack that was hidden inside the backpack, along with the back packs hidden cargo inside; he zipped up the discarded back pack and then placed a discarded Vacuum cleaner inside the decoy backpack back onto his back and took off again.

He soon found himself running toward the direction of the entrance/Exit of the garbage Dump...and then he stopped in his tracks as from right around the corner of the last junk pile right beside him.

The headlights blinded him, and the screech of the tires and the squeal of the Black Vans Brakes were the last thing the man heard before the van hit him.

He was hit and then dragged under the van...and then he rolled to a stop from behind the van as it ran him over, and he just lay there...bleeding, cut up...dead.

The van came to a stop a short distance in front of him, and the doors opened.

Out stepped three Men in black suits, and a woman in a secretary's outfit.

The three men wore security Jackets that read "BENSON INDUSTRIES" on their backs, the three men went before the secretary woman to the dead man's corpse.

One of them poked him with his rifle, and looked back up at the secretary woman and shook his head.

The secretary woman rolled her eyes annoyed, "he's not going to like this...the egghead trusted his "brainchild" to this man, and now there's no way we can get the information on where this man's own mouth on where he hid it NOW can we..."

"Yeah trying to find "it" would be like finding a needle in a haystack" One of the men quipped.

"Well..." the secretary sighed, "if its lost in here, its liable to stay lost...or be destroyed..."

"hey, Miss Scranton!" one of the men said, "I think I found it! It's the backpack on this stiff back"

The secretary woman the three men called Miss Scranton watched as the three henchmen removed the backpack from the dead man's back, and then unzipped the backpack...and showed Miss Scranton the backpacks contents.

Miss Scranton eyed the broken contents inside, she had never seen the "device" before...but this beat up and broken "thing" looked like the real deal.

She smirked to herself, so much for this thing and its nigh indestructible shell.

"That must be the gizmo...he'll be glad to hear it's been destroyed" Miss Scranton smiled.

"and what about the stiff?" asked one of the men.