Chapter 9: First Mission: Convoy Attack!

The First Mission, Convoy Attack

ABANDONED WAREHOUSE

The warehouse was one of the oldest buildings in Old Technogopolis, an old Tea manufactory from back when the city was called Metropolis...no joke... it had a history. Like it having been used as a front house for smuggling "hooch" during the 30's prohibition. And then after that it was Gun running and weapons smuggling...and until recently, it had been unused and was known as a historical landmark in historic old Technogopolis.

Now its new tenants were the one of the nightlife variety.

The "86rs" as they called themselves, one of Technogopolis few, but deadly criminal gangs in the city. There was a reason they were called the "86rs", their name pretty much described their profession and reputation for what they did to any enemies that got in their way.

However, since the introduction of armor piercing proof vests, Stun Guns and other advanced and circulating new crime fighting tech being developed in response to 9/11, fighting off the pigs on the force were becoming difficult.

Donnie "Sharp shooter" Williams, Leader of the "86rs" took a whiff of his cigarette as he watched as the truck from the "generous donation" backed into the warehouse from the back loading doors.

Those doors had been a problem for him and his gang ever since they had decided to use this dump as their hideaway.

Even with adding a modern wench to the old door they would sometimes malfunction and open and close without warning.

He couldn't wait until after he had his fun with Precinct 12, then he could move on into the "scan heads" territory, and acquire their H.Q... it would be an upgrade to this place, even if it would be an abandoned Gas station on 13th and Maple.

Sharp shooter watched as his goons who had been driving the truck jumped out, and the others surrounding the truck lowered their guns and closed the loading doors, and others in the room began opening the truck and unloading their goods.

When Sharpshooter saw what was in the crates he smirked, and began wondering who this crazy son of a crazy woman must be that leaves unmarked Trucks for him and his men to pick up when he's given their location via cellphone by the mystery supplier, when the trucks happen to be loaded with the latest in weaponry.

But in the past two weeks, Sharp shooter just didn't give a damn. And he just didn't now just as much as he did then; he now had what he needed.

He had been planning this assault ever since he had been busted and placed in jail for 20 years for taking part in that gang war that caused a death toll in the hundreds. Stupid people should have stayed out of his business, his way, and his aim...thankfully, in a large part to how screwed up the justice system was and a good lawyer, he got off in five years on "good behavior", and the sods never managed to catch him again...and now, tonight he was going to show them all what "good behavior" he really had.

He watched with contained glee as all of his men in the "86rs" put on their Kevlar, Machine guns, loaded their missile launchers onto their 4x4 trucks, and then turned to look out the big glass window and from here he could see the 12th prescient, and he began imagining all the things he and his gang were going to do tonight there.

One of his gang members was loading a magazine into his gun when from out of the shadows of the broken door behind him; metallic hand reached out, cupped the goon around the mouth and pulled him back into the shadows.

There was a small, but noticeable metallic thud and a bigger thud as the goon fell to the floor in the dark room behind the door unconscious.

Sharpshooter however heard the sound, and turned from looking out the window at the 12th prescient and then looked in the direction where he had heard the sound.