Chapter 4: The Assault Power-Armor

Technogopolis: Waste Management: 9:00 Pm, May 3rd 2012

"And the trucks number was 1725...I remembered that number all the way here..." Andrew said to the Manager of the landfill/Incinerator.

He had explained that he was looking for something that wasn't supposed of have been Trashed and it was on that truck with the serial number 1725.

He hadn't told the manager that she was looking for something as small as a locket, otherwise the guy might have told him it was a lost cause...but it couldn't be, it was special to Sally.

It was given to her by her mother...and he was going to find it even if he had to search the entire Trash dump for it, all night.

The manager had told him that the dumping area for Truck 1725 was in the far right corner of the Dump; Andrew had thanked him and went out with a flashlight to look for Pile# 40.

Andrew had found it all right; dang thing had to be about the size of his apartment back home.

"Oh brother..." he sighed, and then bucked up, rolled up his sleeves, put on rubber gloves and dove in.

He was at it for hours, and still nothing...he walked out of the trash and sighed...it was no use.

This was like trying to find a needle in a haystack of trash.

He sat down on a flat tire nearby and looked back at the trash pile.

He now wished he had something like a metal detector with him or something...he looked at his watch, it was getting really late.

Now he wished he had a cell phone or something, surely his mom was going to be worried about him...she might even have called the police by now.

He sighed in defeat, "I'm sorry sally..." and then he got up to leave....and that's when he heard the chirping sound.

It wasn't the chirping sound you would expect to hear from a bird flying overhead; it wasn't even the squawking you would hear from a seagull, snacking down on the garbage all around...it was a mechanical chirping.

Andrew followed the Chirping sound to a pile of trash nearby, Andrew searched with curiosity.

He soon found the source of the mechanical chirping.

It was a backpack.

A backpack kind of like the one he used to haul around before the five deaths snatched and destroyed it.

But it wasn't like any backpack Andrew had ever seen, it was mechanical, with lights flashing on its side.

With a Hal 9000 looking eye on the top...if Andrew knew better, he would have said it was looking at him.

Andrew approached the strange backpack, and examined it.

He then got a crazy idea, and removed his jacket and ran the zipper lining alongside the Red eye like one would by scanning a bought item in a supermarket.

The back pack chirped when he did.

Andrew whooped for joy, and put his jacket back on...and picked up the strange backpack.

If this thing could react to the metal in his jacket, then it might be able to pick up metal in that trash pile.

Andrew toke note of how heavy the back pack was, almost as if something was inside it.

Once he got back to the junk pile, Andrew held the backpack up with the best of his ability, and passed it over the pile.

But the backpack no longer chirped, confused, Andrew griffin grew confused and then scanned his jacket again with the eye on the backpack...nothing.