Chapter 7: Griffin Hunt!

For what felt like eternity, Andrew stirred out from his dreamless sleep, and found himself in a hospital bed.

When his vision had improved, Andrew could see Trevor sitting and sleeping in a chair by the door, and...Andrew was surprised to see by his bedside was the sleeping form of Sally Reynolds.

Her face buried and resting in her folded arms, resting peacefully...Andrew was touched that Sally, after everything that had happened, was here, Bedside Vigil beside him.

He moved his hand down to grasp sally's hand, and when he did his touch woke her up.

Sally blinked groggily at first, but then her eyes adjusted...and her face then brightened up in joyful relief.

"Hey Sal..." Andrew smiled.

"Trevor, wake up!" Sally shouted in glee to the sleeping Trevor in the chair behind her, "Wake up, Andrew is awake!"

Trevor jolted from his sleep, "Who, what, when..." and then he clutched his chest, panting heavily "JEEZE! Don't do that Sally, after what we've just gone through; I don't want any surprises for a while!"

And then Trevor saw that his friend was okay, and awake, "I'm going to get his mother and sister!" he said leaping from his chair and running out the hospital room door.

Sally waited until she was sure Trevor was long gone down the hallway, and then returned to Andrew.

"How long was I out?" Andrew asked.

"A good 13 hours..." sally smirked, "you were snoring the whole time"

"I was not!" Andrew defended.

Sally chuckled, but then became solemn.

Andrew noticed, "What's wrong?"

Sally just shook her head, "near death experience...I guess you could probably understand. I'm still shaking from some things that happened that day...." Sally sighed, "like when Sin chased me from my hiding place with a machine gun...and then... oh, you wouldn't believe me if I told you"

"Try me..." Andrew said assuring her that he would believe her story.

"I don't know...some kind of robot appeared out of nowhere...and beat the snot out of Sin...and the whole time I was scared out of my mind...and all I could think about...was you Andrew, and how things stood between us..." and sally turned and looked at Andrew.

"Andrew...what I said before...I'm sorry" Sally said sadly, "you were right, it was my father talking..."

"No I'm the one who should be sorry..." Andrew corrected, still holding sally's hand "I shouldn't have pressed things with you, it was selfish, and I'm sorry"

Sally then quirked he head in questioning, "So...it wasn't your idea to kiss me?"

"uh...I mean...oh brother" Andrew blushed embarrassed, it really wasn't his idea to have kissed Sally then and there yesterday before everything went to pot, it was cyber-29's, but he didn't dislike that it had happened as much as he thought he should.

Sally just smiled, "too bad...because you're a good kisser"

"I am?" Andrew asked, and then smirked "yeah...I guess I am"

"So..." Sally brushed the back of her hair with her hand, almost embarrassed to ask her question, "when you get out of here...would you like to...I don't know... go see a movie, or get something at somewhere like "Blakes Bistro" maybe?"

Andrew couldn't believe his change in luck so far, was Sally asking HIM out on a date? This was too good to be true, but the feel of sally's hand assured him that he wasn't dreaming.