Champions......NOT

***Jake's POV***

So we finished about a million ceremonies. And I now want to kill myself. We have 2 hours off now before we have to do the last ceremony . That last ceremony happens to be Jo's dads team's ceremony.

We were the only ones at the tent right now. My mom and the head field Martial, Mary, were at the last championship game. "Hey let's go watch my sister play" she said as she took off her league shirt to reveal her HEAT FC shirt. Yeah whenever she's at a soccer field she's supposed to recruit players. That's how heat works.

"Yeah that's fine" I said. I took my league shirt off too. Underneath I had a GV soccer shirt on.

"Hi guys is this your ceremony?" My mom asked as we walked up and stood next to her.

"Yeah, but we got bored up at the tent all the other referees left." She stated.

"Yeah and Jo wanted to see her little sis play." I said.

"Ah I see." She said. "Well actually I need you guys to go clean up the tent and get set for that last ceremony please." She waved us off.

We turned around and started walking back to the tent. Once we got over the hill where no one else could see us I grabbed her hand.

I looked at her and she looked at me. She smiled and kept walking. When we got to the tent we let go of each others hands.

Soon enough the game was over and the teams came over. "I got the blues you get the greens." I said. Her dad's team lost in penalty kicks.

"Ok how's everyone tonight." I yelled once everyone calmed down. "All right we got the Quails over here, and the Rough Riders over here." I yelled.

"Ok before we do anything else I'd like to introduce THE best coach EVER! And an amazing league advisor! Mrs. Karen Stonedale!" Johanna yelled. We both back up and my mom walked up front.

She said something about champions and congratulations. I was to busy trying to get Jo's attention. She kept shushing me.

"Your mom is talking." She snapped.

"Fine" I pouted.

"Your such a child." She whispered.

Mary gave us a glare from the side. Jo turned and glared at me. I put my hands up in defense.

We got out of ceremony and Jo took her league shirt off and so did I. I walked over to her. She wacked me on the arm. "Ow" I fake whined.

"Oh come on!" She laughed.

"Jake im serious you can't talk when I'm talking."

"Sorry mom."

"It was all him Karen. I swear" Jo laughed.

"What's up with you guys today? You're acting weird." My mom asked.

"Nothing" we both said in sync.

"That doesn't make me suspicious" my mom rolled her eyes.

We looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Okay Karen I gotta go. Bye Jake" she hugged me.