Ch. 3: Thank God For Cute Boys

"Stella Leroy Zuberack! Get your butt out of bed!" Zack called as he barged into my room, banging the door against the wall. "F...five m..more....minutes," I mumbled groggily. Zack ran over and yanked the covers off of me. Desperately grabbing the air, I realized I was too late. "Fine! I'm up!" I yelled, irritated. "Good. Get ready for school," Zack said as he hastily left my room. Well, then. I quickly got up and picked out an outfit from my closet. Blue jeans, white T-shirt, and a black sweatshirt. Couldn't get better than this. I zoomed into my clothes and ran out of my bedroom, grabbing my backpack off of the floor. "See ya!" I waved to a very confused Zack as I walked out the door.

******************

"Well, your party was fun last night," Kacey chirped beside me. I turned away from my locker, shutting it as I went, and smiled at her. "Yeah, I totally wasn't expecting it," I laughed. "Let's go to lunch, shall we?" Kacey asked. I nodded and we headed to the line. All of a sudden, I ran into a wall. A warm wall... "Sorry," I hastily apologized. I looked up and saw the bluest eyes staring back at me. My face instantly burned up. "It's okay," a deep, handsome voice responded. "I'm Seth," he continued. I stole a glance to the side and saw that a small crowd had gathered. Kacey just stood there with her mouth hanging open. "I-I'm Stella," I stammered. "Well, see ya later, Stella," Seth said before walking off. Almost all the girls he passed had swooned when he walked by. Dang. Thank God for cute boys. As I gathered myself, the crowd dispersed and Kacey skipped to my side. She gasped. "You guys totally had a moment!" She squealed. I playfully rolled my eyes as we walked to our next class. "Do you even know who he is?" She continued. "Um, Seth," I stated matter-of-factly. Kacey rolled her eyes. "Not just any Seth. The Seth Rayford. Like, all the girls in school are after him. Especially Rachael Aspen, the most popular girl in school...." I tuned Kacey out for the rest of the conversation and kept daydreaming about Seth. Ah, what a cutie. By the time we had gotten to class, I think Kacey just gave up on me for someone to gossip to. The lesson dragged on, and the teacher droned about something to do with finding the value of the missing variable. After that class had ended, the rest of the day seemed to go by faster until I was finally able to go home. I met Kacey at my locker and gathered my things as she started to talk to me. "You seriously have no idea how lucky you are," she said. "Really, huh? That lucky?" I played along. Kacey playfully rolled her eyes. "There are a lot of people that...like him," she muttered, her face clouding over as she looked down. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked her, concerned. She shook her head and her face instantly brightened. "Yeah, I'm fine," she said. I eyed her suspiciously. "Okay..." I trailed off, gauging her reaction. She kept looking straight ahead, ready to walk out the door. Zipping my backpack up, I tapped her shoulder. "Hey, I'll text you later, okay?" I told her as I walked away. She smiled and nodded and headed the opposite direction. Does she like him? I feel bad for her.

****************

"Stella, I have a friend coming over. Could you please do something about the couch?" Zack whined. I looked down at the popcorn-covered couch that I was currently sitting on. I frowned. "It's not my fault I fell asleep while watching Teen Mom. That crap's annoying," I said, earning a laugh from Dad. I smiled at him in response. "Well, just clean the couch, please," Zack muttered. I rolled my eyes and got up to attempt cleaning the couch. Just then, the doorbell rang. "Gosh, that's probably him," Zack whisper-yelled as he rushed to the front door. My curiosity piqued. I craned my neck to see who stepped through the door. "'Sup, dude," Zack said before letting the guy in. I gasped and my eyes widened as I saw who it was. "Oh, hey, Stella!" Seth waved at me. I timidly waved back as a distraught and confused Zack looked between Seth and I. "You guys know each other?" He questioned as he gave me an inquiring look. I bit my lip and looked down. Knowing Zack, this is going to take some explaining.

Hey, readers! So...? How about Seth, eh?  ;P  If you enjoyed this chapter, feel free to leave a vote and comment. Until the next chapter...